Author Topic: other manga.....  (Read 333806 times)

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $952,000,000 -
  • Respect: +48
Re: other manga.....
« Reply #3870 on: August 09, 2017, 11:01:40 PM »
I started ToG ages ago and when I was waiting for new releases I forgot about it for a while and when I picked it up again it was all completely foreign to me. Had no idea what the story was or who the people were anymore. Was hella weird so now I've kinda dropped it.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,879,000,000 -
  • Respect: +559
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
« Reply #3871 on: August 10, 2017, 08:31:37 PM »
After reading more today and catching up... yep, Dr. Stone is definitely awesome. The new arc where he joins the village of prehistoric people had me in stitches, it's fun and the characters are likeable. Chrome is an instantaneous favourite. I hope this catches steam because damn, I want to see it animated.

Online MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $779,000,000 -
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #3872 on: August 11, 2017, 07:14:38 AM »
I started ToG ages ago and when I was waiting for new releases I forgot about it for a while and when I picked it up again it was all completely foreign to me. Had no idea what the story was or who the people were anymore. Was hella weird so now I've kinda dropped it.
I can understand that, I had to read it again just to remember all the characters and plots. Or do you mean when you waited for the second part? In that case, it's only the start that seems unfamiliar. Now it's one of my favorite series.

Offline Zeronoux

• Greeeeen
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $2,140,000,000 -
  • Respect: +136
    • Zeronoux
« Reply #3873 on: September 08, 2017, 01:01:09 PM »
Ive been reading a bunch of stuff these days and came across some that have stood out.

Tokyo Ghoul & Tokyo Ghoul:re Ive neverwatched the anime, its been on a plan to watch list that has not been updated for years. But I finally got around to reading the manga and before I knew it, I was done with Tokyo Ghoul and Caught up to Tokyo Ghoul:Re in like 4 days... This is somehting like 300 chapters, while working 8 hours a a day lol. Suffice to say I absolutely loved it. The story and the art. The art in purticular. I love the art so much, I have plans tp buy the entire thing from Viz xD

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to Im just going to start off with recommending everyone read this, cause its hilarious. Its a Rom-Com that goes full Death Note with the mind games to catch the rival out and their antics are funny. The art and reaction faces are instant meme tier. Side characters are fun and add to the craziness of the main two. So yeah, go read it if you havent. Its on going though :face-cry

Eden - It's an Endless World! Im currently reading this, about 2/5 of the way there and so far this series has been quite a ride. Its what i would describe as Jormungand on crack, tactical military operations with exosuits and cyborgs thrown into it. The art is detailed and does a good job, but the scans Ive found for it fall a bit short of good. May have to update this after I get through it a bit more, but for right now, its a recommendation.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,731,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #3874 on: September 22, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/dr-stone/en/0/28/page/1
Goddamit Dr. Stone is so fucking good! This chapter really connected with me because I'm nearsighted as well(though not to the same extent as Suika is).
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3875 on: September 22, 2017, 02:55:50 PM »
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/dr-stone/en/0/28/page/1
Goddamit Dr. Stone is so fucking good! This chapter really connected with me because I'm nearsighted as well(though not to the same extent as Suika is).

Uh, damn. I'm pretty nearsighted, without glasses I'd really have a hard time seeing most people's faces. This was fucking beautiful. It's one of those many things we take for granted but that a few hundred years ago would have been complete miracles. Still, Senkuu's crafting skill is maxed, making lenses should be legit HARD  :face-rofl. It's not like just making random glassware. Also interesting to know the warrior guy is nearsighted too, I guess they could make glasses for him too, though the problem there is that wearing crystal glasses in a fight isn't a very good idea...

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
« Reply #3876 on: October 18, 2017, 09:00:16 PM »
Oh man this Hajime no Ippo chapter.
(1197)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
« Reply #3877 on: October 24, 2017, 01:27:23 PM »
WAAAA Kingdom 535
(click to show/hide)

Offline Zxcvbnm11592

• Eternal Hell
  • Bounty: $1,260,000,000 -
  • Respect: +128
« Reply #3878 on: November 18, 2017, 12:48:55 AM »
https://mangastream.com/r/mujirushi/01/4705/1

New Naoki Urasawa manga!

(click to show/hide)
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zxcvbnm11592
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Zxcvbnm11592
Updated 13 Sep 2016

Captain of Sneaky Evil Crazy Mastermind Tactics.
Join the Empire today!

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3879 on: November 18, 2017, 07:00:00 PM »
https://mangastream.com/r/mujirushi/01/4705/1

New Naoki Urasawa manga!

(click to show/hide)

Does this manga have a genderbent Donald Trump  :face-rofl?

EDIT: and Iyami's in it too  :face-rofl. I thought I had recognised him already in panel 1 though!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:03:06 PM by Gan_HOPE326 »

Offline FlashForward

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $198,000,000 -
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #3880 on: November 20, 2017, 11:55:15 AM »
Does this manga have a genderbent Donald Trump  :face-rofl?

EDIT: and Iyami's in it too  :face-rofl. I thought I had recognised him already in panel 1 though!
More like an amalgamation of Hillary & Trump, which had me laughing out loud.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3881 on: November 20, 2017, 12:20:35 PM »
More like an amalgamation of Hillary & Trump, which had me laughing out loud.

She's 99% Trump, I don't see any Hillary in her except maybe for the part where she actually becomes a moderate after winning the election. She's a billionnaire who's made a fortune in the building industry, she says outrageous things, INCLUDING the promise a building a wall on the Mexico border, and she totally looks like Trump too.

On another note: Dr. Stone is doing the obligatory Jump thing and having a Tournament Arc! Except it's hilarious because it's the most fucked up tournament arc ever and it's going against all established tropes of the genre  :face-rofl. Basically the good guys are a team of cheating bastards who flooded the rooster with numbers for the explicit purpose of rigging as many fights as possible and wear the bad guy down, who's a cheater himself of course; all traditionally strong fighters have been also eliminated at round one except for the villain so now they have to take him down by other means. There's a very real possibility that the protagonist will arrive to the final entirely by default wins, and even then, depending on who wins the other semifinal, he'll either throw the fight or win with some devious scheme or trickery (since his fighting capability amounts pretty much to zero).

It's all done to save an ailing girl from having to marry Stone Age Gaston however so it's cool.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:24:35 PM by Gan_HOPE326 »

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,731,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #3882 on: November 20, 2017, 12:49:55 PM »
She's 99% Trump, I don't see any Hillary in her except maybe for the part where she actually becomes a moderate after winning the election. She's a billionnaire who's made a fortune in the building industry, she says outrageous things, INCLUDING the promise a building a wall on the Mexico border, and she totally looks like Trump too.

On another note: Dr. Stone is doing the obligatory Jump thing and having a Tournament Arc! Except it's hilarious because it's the most fucked up tournament arc ever and it's going against all established tropes of the genre  :face-rofl. Basically the good guys are a team of cheating bastards who flooded the rooster with numbers for the explicit purpose of rigging as many fights as possible and wear the bad guy down, who's a cheater himself of course; all traditionally strong fighters have been also eliminated at round one except for the villain so now they have to take him down by other means. There's a very real possibility that the protagonist will arrive to the final entirely by default wins, and even then, depending on who wins the other semifinal, he'll either throw the fight or win with some devious scheme or trickery (since his fighting capability amounts pretty much to zero).

It's all done to save an ailing girl from having to marry Stone Age Gaston however so it's cool.
Dr. Stone is the best new manga in Jump. My love for it has reached unprecedented levels since the glasses chapter.

And while we're on the topic of "other manga..." Mob Psycho 100 is fast approaching towards its conclusion and let me tell you, this is probably the most climactic ending I've ever witnessed.
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3883 on: November 20, 2017, 02:09:05 PM »
With Mob Psycho 100 I'm sort of waiting for a 2nd season of the anime. If there's no sign, then I'll read the manga.

(and yeah, Dr. Stone is awesome. Great art, great concept, extremely funny, still manages to actually nail some emotional moments like that one with the glasses. A whimsical, passionate love letter to science, which is quite a feat for a Shonen Jump manga)

Offline Zxcvbnm11592

• Eternal Hell
  • Bounty: $1,260,000,000 -
  • Respect: +128
« Reply #3884 on: November 20, 2017, 10:06:43 PM »
I started off with the first few chapters of Dr. Stone (till the super strong guy joins) but I need to get back to it, I really enjoyed how it started.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zxcvbnm11592
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Zxcvbnm11592
Updated 13 Sep 2016

Captain of Sneaky Evil Crazy Mastermind Tactics.
Join the Empire today!