Author Topic: other manga.....  (Read 316260 times)

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,797,000,000 -
  • Respect: +555
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
Re: other manga.....
« Reply #3840 on: June 19, 2017, 09:24:40 AM »
Speaking of amazing stuff! It's actually manhua, not manga, but I'm loving "Feng Shen Ji". It's a fantasy story in a China-like setting about a king who rebels against the gods who oppress and enslave humans and is defeated - passing the torch on to his son, who now has to train and find allies to avenge him and finally free humanity from its shackles. It's a battle story, so expect your usual fare - amazing superpowers, extreme life-and-death battles, gruelling training, and so on, but I found the setting to be truly epic in scope, with an insane amount of characters and detail in both their backstories and the world. In addition, the whole thing is in full colour, and the art during the most heated battles or in the various outlandish settings is nothing short of amazing.

Online HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,701,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #3841 on: June 19, 2017, 01:15:54 PM »
Speaking of amazing stuff! It's actually manhua, not manga, but I'm loving "Feng Shen Ji". It's a fantasy story in a China-like setting about a king who rebels against the gods who oppress and enslave humans and is defeated - passing the torch on to his son, who now has to train and find allies to avenge him and finally free humanity from its shackles. It's a battle story, so expect your usual fare - amazing superpowers, extreme life-and-death battles, gruelling training, and so on, but I found the setting to be truly epic in scope, with an insane amount of characters and detail in both their backstories and the world. In addition, the whole thing is in full colour, and the art during the most heated battles or in the various outlandish settings is nothing short of amazing.
Holy shit you weren't kidding! I'm like 20 pages in and it's like reading some kind of historical epic! If this ain't high art I don't know what is. Check out Jagaaaaaaaan though it's a nice bit of the ol' Ultra Violence. And as I said it before: it' too fucking real.
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $895,000,000 -
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #3842 on: June 19, 2017, 04:31:17 PM »

I second this, it ended a year ago or so and it was awesome all the way to the end. The quality of it was very consistent.

Online HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #3843 on: June 19, 2017, 06:59:38 PM »
I second this, it ended a year ago or so and it was awesome all the way to the end. The quality of it was very consistent.
The page where
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3844 on: June 19, 2017, 07:44:30 PM »
The page where
(click to show/hide)

What about this  :awsum?

(click to show/hide)

Online HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #3845 on: June 20, 2017, 04:25:23 AM »
What about this  :awsum?

(click to show/hide)
Prety close second.

Online HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #3846 on: June 20, 2017, 08:29:10 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but
(click to show/hide)
EDIT: wait, so this demon guy says humans can only live up to 30 years? But the pochahontas looking girl said they live like 3 times longer than humans and gods can live for hundreds of years??? What?????? Was the mine warden at ripe old age of 28 or am I misunderstanding something?
EDIT2: No wait, Zi Yu was a legend by age 20 and quite some time passed since then, was that some wierd translation?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:00:56 AM by HUNRonin »

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3847 on: June 20, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but
(click to show/hide)
EDIT: wait, so this demon guy says humans can only live up to 30 years? But the pochahontas looking girl said they live like 3 times longer than humans and gods can live for hundreds of years??? What?????? Was the mine warden at ripe old age of 28 or am I misunderstanding something?
EDIT2: No wait, Zi Yu was a legend by age 20 and quite some time passed since then, was that some wierd translation?

Possibly, I don't remember anything of the sort. Who's the "demon guy" you're talking about, the G.od cursed with the Mark of Death?

Online HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #3848 on: June 20, 2017, 12:11:02 PM »
Possibly, I don't remember anything of the sort. Who's the "demon guy" you're talking about, the G.od cursed with the Mark of Death?
No the general of the Dark Ones, the people who live in hell.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3849 on: June 20, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »
No the general of the Dark Ones, the people who live in hell.

Ah, NiTian ErXing. You're there already, you read fast, you're going to pass me at this rate  :face-rofl. I don't remember him saying anything of the sort. From what I get the humans live around what we know, the gods have ha longer lifespan (a few centuries, occasionally even a millennium or two), the Dark Ones probably have a somewhat longer lifespan than humans, and

(click to show/hide)

Online HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #3850 on: June 20, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »
Ah, NiTian ErXing. You're there already, you read fast, you're going to pass me at this rate  :face-rofl. I don't remember him saying anything of the sort. From what I get the humans live around what we know, the gods have ha longer lifespan (a few centuries, occasionally even a millennium or two), the Dark Ones probably have a somewhat longer lifespan than humans, and

(click to show/hide)
It's the first scene he's in after the Ghost City collapses and Wu Geng and the others leave. He says "humans naturally live 20-30 years" which is weird and also not true. On the topic of NiTian when says "We've had enough, fuck off gods" is the third very best moment in all of comics esepecially because of how characters usually speak.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3851 on: June 20, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
It's the first scene he's in after the Ghost City collapses and Wu Geng and the others leave. He says "humans naturally live 20-30 years" which is weird and also not true. On the topic of NiTian when says "We've had enough, fuck off gods" is the third very best moment in all of comics esepecially because of how characters usually speak.

Perhaps he means that's the average lifespan? I mean, this is sort of a medieval society. Most people will die young in wars or of some sickness and shit.

Online HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #3852 on: June 20, 2017, 04:32:51 PM »
Perhaps he means that's the average lifespan? I mean, this is sort of a medieval society. Most people will die young in wars or of some sickness and shit.
The exact words in the translation were "they can only live for twenty to thirty years", so... I guess that could mean average? It's either awkwardly translated or awkwardly worded on the authors part. Another update on my readthrough, I've finished the battle at the dock and HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO AWESOME! He has the fucking Godhand!

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3853 on: June 20, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
I've finished the battle at the dock and HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO AWESOME! He has the fucking Godhand!

You can be cool, but you'll never be "demigod wielding both Divine Power and Smelting Aura" cool.

BTW feel free to stop updating though, you've almost caught up to me  :face-rofl. I'll try to finish the read in the next two days, as after that I'm leaving for Japan and then won't be able to read it any more for three weeks or so  :face-tongue.

Online HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #3854 on: June 20, 2017, 05:12:18 PM »
You can be cool, but you'll never be "demigod wielding both Divine Power and Smelting Aura" cool.

BTW feel free to stop updating though, you've almost caught up to me  :face-rofl. I'll try to finish the read in the next two days, as after that I'm leaving for Japan and then won't be able to read it any more for three weeks or so  :face-tongue.
Okay! The last thing I want to mention is that after like 40 or 50 chapters of constant tension they're actually putting a couple scenes of levity, with joke and all! This shit is the best!