Author Topic: Yibis' quality certified Youtube cinematics fine selection  (Read 710362 times)

Offline FinalplayerRyu

• Supernova
  • Bounty: $233,000,000 -
  • Respect: +6
I'm not saying to AGREE with public opinion. But to say you can make any sort of pre-judgement without public opinion is like saying you can paint without eyes or a concept of what colour even is.

Well thats why i said initially looking at pictures and reading descriptions, weeding out the obvious stuff you don't gonna like and then give the rest a try. And thats why i still disagree with you on the topic of depending on public opinion, especially since you say it like a fact, when it really not. I don't watch/read reviews and actively avoid discussions before i watch something so that i am not influenced by what other people think. Which means here and there i will see something that is hot garbage, but even that has value in itself as it can make you appreciate good entertainment even more.

I am happy to join a conversation after the fact, after i established my thoughts based on my values and dis-/likings.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,724,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80
Well thats why i said initially looking at pictures and reading descriptions, weeding out the obvious stuff you don't gonna like and then give the rest a try. And thats why i still disagree with you on the topic of depending on public opinion, especially since you say it like a fact, when it really not. I don't watch/read reviews and actively avoid discussions before i watch something so that i am not influenced by what other people think. Which means here and there i will see something that is hot garbage, but even that has value in itself as it can make you appreciate good entertainment even more.

I am happy to join a conversation after the fact, after i established my thoughts based on my values and dis-/likings.
I'm almost the opposite, not only do I rarely watch anything that's still ongoing, even when I do I usually only finish it after all of it is out even if I started watching when it was ongoing. I only watch stuff after a lor of hesitation and usually only ones I'm reasonably certain I'll like or ones that are interesting in some way. I'll read spoilers even to make sure I'll like it(by the time I get around to watch it I'll forget it anyway).

I'm prety much of the same oppinion as Digibro: I don't have much free time allready, so I ain't gonna spend it watching shitty or mediocre shows.
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,864,000,000 -
  • Respect: +558
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
I'm prety much of the same oppinion as Digibro: I don't have much free time allready, so I ain't gonna spend it watching shitty or mediocre shows.

Well, that is definitely pretty sensible. My problem with Digi's video was more the part where he says some stuff shouldn't even be made, as if there was a sure way to avoid that for the industry as a whole. Obviously I won't spend time watching shitty stuff either, which is why I find so puzzling people who does things like "I don't like this show but I'll watch it to the end because I never drop an anime".

Offline FinalplayerRyu

• Supernova
  • Bounty: $233,000,000 -
  • Respect: +6

If you don't have much free time and want your entertainment to be good all the time that's fair.

Obviously I won't spend time watching shitty stuff either, which is why I find so puzzling people who does things like "I don't like this show but I'll watch it to the end because I never drop an anime".

Well that depends, for me if i am already invested in an Anime and it turns bad somewhere near the end i am likely to finish it, because regardless of what bullshit they suddenly start throwing at me, i still wanna experience the ending, notably for that was Bleach and Naruto Shippuden. That are some lengthy shows, its definetely way easier to drop shorter shows, Terra Formars lured me in with some over the top combat and a weird story, but i got tired of the whole "here's the character of the episode and his backstory and now he dies" formula really fast.

Also about 15 years ago there was the notion in my head: "I want to watch ALL the anime" so there might be some people that think "i will watch it eventually so might aswell do it now". Though that idea has been settled quite fast when i realized how many school related anime there were and nowadays it seems like an impossible task anyways beyond being pointless.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:05:54 PM by FinalplayerRyu »

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
Ok, so I have found out there apparently exists a vast subculture of algorithmically-generated YouTube videos meant to entertain/keep busy toddlers and I swear, this shit is some of the weirdest crap I've ever seen:

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,558,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
This is legit one of the most profoundly disturbing and cognitively dissonant things I've seen.

*spiderman with a green cow's head tip-toes across the room*

Robot voice : GREEN

From that day onwards, if Little Timmy heard the word "green" he would curl up into the foetal position and softly whimper for hours at a time.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
Why are the very first words in a children's video title "BURIED ALIVE" anyway. Well, not like the audience can read...

Offline ArabianLuffy

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $297,000,000 -
  • Respect: +28
    • INPowerZ
Elphelt is ma wifu!

Elphelt SIG Made By Me.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
What the unholy fuck. NETFLIX WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU  :face-rofl.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,724,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80
What the unholy fuck. NETFLIX WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU  :face-rofl.

ummmmm................
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES