Author Topic: Yibis' quality certified Youtube cinematics fine selection  (Read 717459 times)

Offline Zxcvbnm11592

• Eternal Hell
  • Bounty: $1,260,000,000 -
  • Respect: +128

IMHO, he's simply shitting on it in the most creatively bombastic way possible  :awsum.

I'm really starting to like his videos now :face-rofl
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zxcvbnm11592
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Zxcvbnm11592
Updated 13 Sep 2016

Captain of Sneaky Evil Crazy Mastermind Tactics.
Join the Empire today!

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,879,000,000 -
  • Respect: +559
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
I'm really starting to like his videos now :face-rofl

When he goes in sarcastic mode he's all kinds of awesome. Check out his "Your waifu hates you" video, it's gold  :face-rofl.

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
  • Bounty: $1,704,000,000 -
  • Respect: +276
    • My DeviantArt-page
I can't tell whether he recommends it or not. The presentation and level of sarcasm are beyond my ability to see the true intention. I watched the first episode when it came out and thought it bad... now i am intrigued.
He's either saying that it's one of the worst anime ever created... or he's saying that it's so fascinatingly terrible that one just has to see it. I do know that Digibro, who's been doing weekly vlogs on the show, absolutely hates it and is downright baffled that anyone could possibly enjoy it though. (One of his videos literally just started with him screaming into the microphone for a good five seconds or so.)
This sure is a signature.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,731,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80
He's either saying that it's one of the worst anime ever created... or he's saying that it's so fascinatingly terrible that one just has to see it. I do know that Digibro, who's been doing weekly vlogs on the show, absolutely hates it and is downright baffled that anyone could possibly enjoy it though. (One of his videos literally just started with him screaming into the microphone for a good five seconds or so.)
I love those vlogs  :face-rofl Which reminds me! I don't think I've ever posted a Best Guy Ever video here, and I need to rectify that!

Also very much relevant to this forum:
(click to show/hide)
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
I love those vlogs  :face-rofl Which reminds me! I don't think I've ever posted a Best Guy Ever video here, and I need to rectify that!

Aye, one of the best arguments I've seen for what I've been saying for years: Yes, TTGL is a preposterously over-the-top action show that basically throws logic into a fire while laughing maniacally... but it's also a well-written show with interesting themes and ideas and great characters. I may no longer have the obsessive fanboyish love for it that I had back when I first saw it, but it's still one of my personal favorites. And I say that having recently rewatched it so I can confirm that it still holds up for me at least.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
Aye, one of the best arguments I've seen for what I've been saying for years: Yes, TTGL is a preposterously over-the-top action show that basically throws logic into a fire while laughing maniacally... but it's also a well-written show with interesting themes and ideas and great characters. I may no longer have the obsessive fanboyish love for it that I had back when I first saw it, but it's still one of my personal favorites. And I say that having recently rewatched it so I can confirm that it still holds up for me at least.
If you liked that one, his other videos are prety dang great as well. He also did a month long challange in May, making a video every day, and all of them are fucking sick.

Offline AltairAC

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $61,000,000 -
  • Respect: +9

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai

Offline ArabianLuffy

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $297,000,000 -
  • Respect: +28
    • INPowerZ
Elphelt is ma wifu!

Elphelt SIG Made By Me.

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page

While there are obviously things on this list that I disagree with as well as a whole buncha stuff I haven't seen, I can actually only point to one thing on this list that just seems completely weird to me, that being the anime on 53rd place:

Um... okay? I mean the fact that any Pokémon movies made it on here seems a bit strange to me but... why this one? I could understand if one of the first three made it on the list maybe, but... I've seen this one. It was completely average. I don't get why this would apparently be the most popular movie in the series among whoever they polled for this.

...Oh, and Madoka Magica: Rebellion was in 26th place. Thankfully far, far lower than the TV-series but on a strictly personal level the fact that Rebellion was on there at all bothers me!!!

Offline FinalplayerRyu

• Supernova
  • Bounty: $233,000,000 -
  • Respect: +6
I was just happy to see Legend of Galactic Heroes on #13. I have watched it over the course of over half a year exclusively while i was traveling by train. It was a fantastic companion and maybe one of the last times my >10 year old laptop had some use to me.

What i thought would be up there: Usagi Drop, Excel Saga, Nichijou, Oregatari. And what i kinda thought might be in there is Naruto, but i guess the last few years were too close to Bleach levels of agony.

What really surprised me was Code Geass... i loved it when it came out, but wouldn't have thought that it would rank so high.

And now i guess i have to at least check out Tiger & Bunny, sometimes heard of it, but got NO IDEA what it is about.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:16:13 PM by FinalplayerRyu »

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,879,000,000 -
  • Respect: +559
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
I was just happy to see Legend of Galactic Heroes on #13. I have watched it over the course of over half a year exclusively while i was traveling by train. It was a fantastic companion and maybe one of the last times my >10 year old laptop had some use to me.

What i thought would be up there: Usagi Drop, Excel Saga, Nichijou, Oregatari. And what i kinda thought might be in there is Naruto, but i guess the last few years were too close to Bleach levels of agony.

What really surprised me was Code Geass... i loved it when it came out, but wouldn't have thought that it would rank so high.

And now i guess i have to at least check out Tiger & Bunny, sometimes heard of it, but got NO IDEA what it is about.

I want to check it out too sooner or later. I know it's a western-style superhero show, and it's got this satirical outlook where superheroes actually have sponsors, go around in costumes covered by brands and are filmed live when in action, but that's it.

Offline FinalplayerRyu

• Supernova
  • Bounty: $233,000,000 -
  • Respect: +6
I want to check it out too sooner or later. I know it's a western-style superhero show, and it's got this satirical outlook where superheroes actually have sponsors, go around in costumes covered by brands and are filmed live when in action, but that's it.

So i watched the first 4 episodes of it, but i can't get into it and even knowing how crazy japanese people can get for their idol culture i still don't see how it could dominate the list. It's not bad, just average. So my best guess is that the survey either was poorly spread or there is a incredible dedicated fanbase that forced it up there.

Most surprising of all for me was that the sponsors weren't fictional and it certainly was strange to see RL products like ustream, DMM, Pepsi, etc.

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,562,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
I saw that list when it first came out (and had the presence of mind to just read the list and form my own opinions instead of watching some internet loser talk about it for half an hour) and yeah, Tiger & Bunny is good but not that good. Essentially a bunch of of fujoshi teamed up and made it this way - these kinds of lists are possibly even less meaningful than MAL rankings.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes on the other hand, sure. Throw that up there in the top 20 with FMA:B, HxH2011, Rakugo, Monster, Rose of Versailles, Gintama, Ashita no Joe, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, and a few others, and there's a list I could get behind.

Tiger and Bunny somewhere in the top 100? Maybe. I could probably name ~50-60 anime I'd rank better than it but I haven't seen everything by a long shot.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
I've mearathoned SAO abridged (aka. the good version of SAO), and it was a hella fine time I've gotta say. Anyone else seen it?