Author Topic: Yibis' quality certified Youtube cinematics fine selection  (Read 693219 times)

Offline Zeronoux

• Greeeeen
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $2,139,000,000 -
  • Respect: +136
    • Zeronoux

Heres to all you bastards that Ive come to know here :face-tongue

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:54:20 AM by Zeronoux »

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
  • Bounty: $1,690,000,000 -
  • Respect: +276
    • My DeviantArt-page
This literally just hit... after they premiered it on their Twitch channel during their weekly Casual Friday stream. I caught the premiere, yo!

...And you know, I think this was the best one in quite a while.
This sure is a signature.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,817,000,000 -
  • Respect: +555
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
This literally just hit... after they premiered it on their Twitch channel during their weekly Casual Friday stream. I caught the premiere, yo!

I watched it live stream too. And this was pretty good, though I wasn't disappointed with the previous ones either :face-rofl. It's just good to go back to the meat of the action.

And well, Goku and Cell should just get a room already  :face-rofl.

Online EamonX

• Man without honor
  • Bounty: $443,000,000 -
  • Respect: +45
Am I the only guy around who doesn't find TFS' vidoes funny?

Personally, I follow this guy's releases:

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
Am I the only guy around who doesn't find TFS' vidoes funny?

Yes. No one cares.

Online EamonX

• Man without honor
Ouch... I promise it was an innocent post.
TFS have good voice acting but their humour always seems to fall flat to me.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
Ouch... I promise it was an innocent post.
TFS have good voice acting but their humour always seems to fall flat to me.

Just kidding, don't sweat it :face-rofl.

But seriously, yes, you're the only one  :face-normal.

Online EamonX

• Man without honor
But seriously, yes, you're the only one  :face-normal.
By the way, the dude who did the video in the link I posted apparently voices Kami in TFS's dubs. He has his own channel that I'd been following for years. He voices all of the characters himself.

Offline Decimator

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $2,131,000,000 -
  • Respect: +84

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,707,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80

The jokes/second is higher than the avarege Korean SC players APM.
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page

Please pay no heed to the somewhat clickbaity title, the man does make a very good point.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,035,000,000 -
  • Respect: +83
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
Please pay no heed to the somewhat clickbaity title, the man does make a very good point.

Haven't watched the video yet, but it's not the first time I've seen it suggested that anime needs saving.

But does it really? There seems to still be an awful lot produced every year and while it may not be as popular in the West as, say, 10 to 15 years ago, it's still a major part of Japanese culture.

Is it perhaps a case that anime is consistently popular, just more popular in some places than at other times? And if so, doesn't that make it like so many other things - fiction novels, ice-based sports, i.e. hardly in need of saving.

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
Haven't watched the video yet, but it's not the first time I've seen it suggested that anime needs saving.

But does it really? There seems to still be an awful lot produced every year and while it may not be as popular in the West as, say, 10 to 15 years ago, it's still a major part of Japanese culture.

Is it perhaps a case that anime is consistently popular, just more popular in some places than at other times? And if so, doesn't that make it like so many other things - fiction novels, ice-based sports, i.e. hardly in need of saving.
"...is saving anime" is just a meme. It often seems to get said about Trigger shows. I at least remember hearing it in relation to Kill la Kill. But yeah, like I said, clickbaity headline. It's not LITERALLY about how moe is the SAVIOR OF THE ANIME INDUSTRY... Really it's more just about how Naoko Yamada is a great director.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou

Usually "X SAVED ANIME" is used in reference to hyper-spectacular action crazy-awesome stuff (Kill la Kill is a major example, obviously, and perhaps was the origin of the meme, but I've seen it used for non-Trigger shows as well, like for this latest My Hero Academia episode).

It seems to me that the implication is that anime needs saving from the touchy-feely, nothing-really-happens, cute-girls-doing-cute-things, slice-of-life fluff and go back to being about AWESOME SUPERPOWERED VIOLENCE. So it's ironic to use the expression with reference to moe, which most would consider *what anime needs to be saved from*.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:07:18 PM by Gan_HOPE326 »

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,707,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80
Usually "X SAVED ANIME" is used in reference to hyper-spectacular action crazy-awesome stuff (Kill la Kill is a major example, obviously, and perhaps was the origin of the meme, but I've seen it used for non-Trigger shows as well, like for this latest My Hero Academia episode).

It seems to me that the implication is that anime needs saving from the touchy-feely, nothing-really-happens, cute-girls-doing-cute-things, slice-of-life fluff and go back to being about AWESOME SUPERPOWERED VIOLENCE. So it's ironic to use the expression with reference to moe, which most would consider *what anime needs to be saved from*.
I mean Trigger allready saved anime with Inferno Cop for all time to come, so it can't possibly need saving.
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES