Author Topic: Finding One Piece music in episodes  (Read 2310 times)

Offline dark2samus3

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $109,000,000 -
  • Respect: +8
Finding One Piece music in episodes
« on: July 06, 2016, 07:20:59 PM »
+5
I came across this and its amazing. You can type in an episode and it will give you a list of songs being used and when its being played. It can tell you what album its from and if available you can download the song by right clicking and click "save link as". I don't who did this, but its amazing.   :face-cool

http://onepiecetracklist.com/

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Offline Kolores

• Civilian
  • Respect: 0
Re: Finding One Piece music in episodes
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:30:25 PM »
Thanks for the info. ;)

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,036,000,000 -
  • Respect: +83
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 12:35:53 AM »
I came across this and its amazing. You can type in an episode and it will give you a list of songs being used and when its being played. It can tell you what album its from and if available you can download the song by right clicking and click "save link as". I don't who did this, but its amazing.   :face-cool

http://onepiecetracklist.com/

Someone had waaaaay too much time on their hands.

And I thank them for it.   :face-lol

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline mwyeoh

• Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $391,000,000 -
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 04:46:30 AM »
Awesome.
Their music directory (for easy download) is http://onepiecetracklist.com/Music/

Offline Beldarius

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $112,000,000 -
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 12:29:20 AM »
To think I never noticed this site until today. This is amazing (and very convenient).

I went on a spree to check some tracks, and then came upon "Gathering ~Light in the Tunnel~" in episode 768. ...The music in that track was so powerful that I knew right away Shiro Hamaguchi composed it. Kouhei Tanaka just doesn't do imposing tracks like that... his stuff doesn't stand out the way Hamaguchi's does.

I swear, literally every memorable and action-y track in One Piece was composed by Hamaguchi - he's done Overtaken, Luffy Moukou, Difficult, Gigant Thor Axe, etc. He's done so much music for the series that it's pissing me off when people give Kouhei Tanaka credit for everything - Hamaguchi is at least co-composer level by now.

http://vgmdb.net/album/35905 <--- See the New World soundtrack? Tanaka did 16 tracks, Hamaguchi did 17. If that isn't co-composer level, I don't know what is. (Hamaguchi also did over half of Norowareta Seiken's music. 27 tracks compared to Tanaka's 20. And people still list Tanaka as the main composer. ...wtf why)
lurk lurkedy lurk kaboom

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 02:37:39 AM »
I don't know the specific circumstances surrounding music production for OP, but I know for something like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies the scores were done by Hans Zimmer's studio with Zimmer composing with other composers in the studio - so much so that Curse of the Black Pearl was labelled as composed by Klaus Badelt, even though Zimmer worked on it too. Then for the subsequent films Zimmer is credited as composer.

Perhaps a similar thing is happening for OP between Tanaka and Hamaguchi? Or perhaps Tanaka is arranging or orchestrating or contributing in some other way(s) to Hamaguchi's compositions?

Then again, perhaps it's just poor publicity on Hamaguchi's part. I don't know if he tours with Tanaka for the OP concerts.

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,558,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »
Then again, perhaps it's just poor publicity on Hamaguchi's part. I don't know if he tours with Tanaka for the OP concerts.

Wasn't there for the one I went to, at least. Only Tanaka.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 03:40:18 PM »
Just quickly wanted to mention that the musical number in episode 786 (I think) is part of the reason why I keep watching the anime.

Disney could learn a thing or two (I'm lookin' at you live-action Beauty and the Beast).

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
  • Bounty: $1,701,000,000 -
  • Respect: +276
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 03:56:39 PM »
Are you implying that Disney's musical numbers aren't typically excellent? I mean, even live-action Beauty and the Beast technically had a lot of good songs in it... it's just that 1: most of them were total rehashes of the cartoon down to the shot composition, and 2: Emma Wattson is a lousy singer.
This sure is a signature.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »
Are you implying that Disney's musical numbers aren't typically excellent?
No.

1: most of them were total rehashes of the cartoon down to the shot composition, and 2: Emma Wattson is a lousy singer.
Yes. And compared to the original soundtrack, the live-action one sucks. But OP helped me remember that there are still some people out there doin' it right.

Offline Beldarius

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $112,000,000 -
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 08:44:04 AM »
Perhaps a similar thing is happening for OP between Tanaka and Hamaguchi? Or perhaps Tanaka is arranging or orchestrating or contributing in some other way(s) to Hamaguchi's compositions?

Hamaguchi arranges most of his own pieces, and even several of Tanaka's. If there's an exciting Tanaka track that really stands out, there's a high chance Hamaguchi arranged it.

The two have been working together for years by the looks of it. It appears Hamaguchi was arranging stuff in the Violinist of Hameln soundtrack in 1997, too.

It's also kind of exciting to notice that some One Piece bgm was composed by Yasunori Iwasaki, the guy behind the soundtracks of Kikou Keisatsu Metal Jack, Yuusha Da-Garn, Yuusha J-Decker, Getter Robo Armageddon, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen and Vandread.
lurk lurkedy lurk kaboom