Author Topic: random sprouting of crap  (Read 1425636 times)

Offline AltairAC

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $61,000,000 -
  • Respect: +9
Re: random sprouting of crap
« Reply #21045 on: June 04, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »
Because large boobs are inherently not child-friendly. Any real life woman with particularly large boobs can't be in the presence of children for it will scar them for life. :-_-

Yeah, Japan is decidedly less prudish than the US. Not that that's hard, being that conservative Americans seem to genuinely believe what I just said.

Well, you're right. I guess my actual issue is them not doing much fighting and just being there to look pretty regardless of boob size. I'll see myself out.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,817,000,000 -
  • Respect: +555
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
« Reply #21046 on: June 04, 2017, 09:01:12 PM »
Because large boobs are inherently not child-friendly. Any real life woman with particularly large boobs can't be in the presence of children for it will scar them for life. :-_-

Childhood - that magical age when you're too young for boobs to make you think of sex, and too old for them to make you think of food  :face-lol.

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,531,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21047 on: June 09, 2017, 03:02:48 PM »
(屮゚Д゚)屮   щ(゚Д゚щ)   (屮゚Д゚)屮   щ(゚Д゚щ)   (屮゚Д゚)屮   щ(゚Д゚щ)   (屮゚Д゚)屮   щ(゚Д゚щ)
щ(゚Д゚щ)   (屮゚Д゚)屮   щ(゚Д゚щ)   (屮゚Д゚)屮   щ(゚Д゚щ)   (屮゚Д゚)屮   щ(゚Д゚щ)   (屮゚Д゚)屮

Offline Ing. User

• Typo
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $646,000,000 -
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #21048 on: July 15, 2017, 05:14:37 PM »
I bought a thing.

Cui bono?

Offline abe dauh

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $987,000,000 -
  • Respect: +1
    • http://www.ecommercemastery.com/provider8/idevaffiliate.php?id=10909
« Reply #21049 on: July 18, 2017, 09:42:03 AM »
[

Offline ArabianLuffy

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $290,000,000 -
  • Respect: +26
    • INPowerZ
« Reply #21050 on: July 23, 2017, 08:53:43 PM »
Elphelt is ma wifu!

Elphelt SIG Made By Me.

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
  • Bounty: $1,690,000,000 -
  • Respect: +276
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #21051 on: July 24, 2017, 01:43:15 PM »
+1
I just saw this thing on Facebook... So as some of you might know, back in 2013 I was studying in Japan at Akita International University. Said university has this really cool-looking library that's apparently fairly famous in Japan.

It just showed up in an anime.

Real life location on top, screenshot from episode 2 of the anime Classroom of the Elite on the bottom. I mean, this might only be cool to people who have been to that exact library in real life, but... that applies to me. So seeing a place that I've actually spent a fair bit of time in in real life show up in an anime is kinda neat for me. Even if the anime itself does not look particularly interesting in the slightest.
This sure is a signature.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #21052 on: July 24, 2017, 02:07:56 PM »
I just saw this thing on Facebook... So as some of you might know, back in 2013 I was studying in Japan at Akita International University. Said university has this really cool-looking library that's apparently fairly famous in Japan.

It just showed up in an anime.

Real life location on top, screenshot from episode 2 of the anime Classroom of the Elite on the bottom. I mean, this might only be cool to people who have been to that exact library in real life, but... that applies to me. So seeing a place that I've actually spent a fair bit of time in in real life show up in an anime is kinda neat for me. Even if the anime itself does not look particularly interesting in the slightest.

I had this kind of moment a few weeks ago, when I was in Kyoto and managed to sit exactly in front of THIS window from Kyousogiga:

And then of course a similar feeling when, after visiting the Fushimi Inari shrine, I checked out "Inari, Kon Kon, Koi Iroha" which is basically entirely set there.

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21053 on: July 24, 2017, 03:06:41 PM »
+1
Well aren't you bastards who're lucky enough to have been to Japan having fucking fun?

Well I'll fucking show you. I've seen places in anime that I've been IRL too, you know! Just look at this shit:

This is Code Geass Boukoku no Akito, motherfuckers, and that right there is the fucking Polish National Stadium in Warsaw. Jealous, bitches?

Ok I admit this is less awesome than the stuff in Japan. Fuckers. I'll go there one day too. Just you fucking wait. Now I just need the money and time to make it, and I'll show you all.  :awsum
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:10:15 PM by CL3 »

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #21054 on: July 24, 2017, 04:08:51 PM »
Ok I admit this is less awesome than the stuff in Japan. Fuckers. I'll go there one day too. Just you fucking wait. Now I just need the money and time to make it, and I'll show you all.  :awsum

It's not even that expensive. I went for free because of a conference, but the savings were offset by my gf's +1000£ ticket with BA since she had to buy it only one month before :face-rofl. If you plan ahead (I mean 6-7 months before at least) you can pay ~300 £. Hotels aren't super-cheap, they're okay, but food is - our most expensive dinner still didn't go above 25 £ each. Bit of advice: avoid the APA chain, it's owned by a hyper-right-wing crazy CEO who lets you find pamphlets he wrote with a pen name where he denies the R.ape of Nanking and other Japanese war crimes in your room. Not shitting you.

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21055 on: July 24, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »
It's not even that expensive. I went for free because of a conference, but the savings were offset by my gf's +1000£ ticket with BA since she had to buy it only one month before :face-rofl. If you plan ahead (I mean 6-7 months before at least) you can pay ~300 £. Hotels aren't super-cheap, they're okay, but food is - our most expensive dinner still didn't go above 25 £ each. Bit of advice: avoid the APA chain, it's owned by a hyper-right-wing crazy CEO who lets you find pamphlets he wrote with a pen name where he denies the R.ape of Nanking and other Japanese war crimes in your room. Not shitting you.

To me that's still expensive  :face-cry

Bit of advice: avoid the APA chain, it's owned by a hyper-right-wing crazy CEO who lets you find pamphlets he wrote with a pen name where he denies the R.ape of Nanking and other Japanese war crimes in your room. Not shitting you.

Yeah I think I saw you mention this on FB. Thanks for the warning, but in reality, I'm personally not gonna boycott a hotel chain even if the CEO is the reincarnation of Hitler (this sounds like a bad light novel plot), if it's the most cheap/convenient one.

Considering the number of Japanese scientists who send me emails asking me to cite their papers (shit, a new paper of mine came out on arxiv this morning and I already had two citation requests before I even woke up - and it's Japanese guys like 9 times out of 10 for some reason), they must think something decent of my work. Maybe one of them will give me a postdoc position at some point.  :face-rolleyes

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
  • Bounty: $1,690,000,000 -
  • Respect: +276
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #21056 on: July 24, 2017, 08:09:47 PM »
I've been wanting to go back to Japan pretty much since I left Japan. Unfortunately, in the time since then, I have been hit with the realization that we live in a society that's increasingly hostile to young people with no work experience. I mean hell, I'm unemployed right now, yet I'm actually better off than I was last year while working at an internship at an electronics store. Why? In both cases I was just living off welfare money because the store sure didn't pay me squat, but after quitting said job, I'm getting twice as much as I did before. Which is completely absurd and gives me absolutely no reason to even want to find another job, aside from the soul-crushing monotony of just spending all day every day at home doing nothing... But even that's not much of a motivator when again, working gave me less money than spending all day every day at home doing nothing.

...Mind you, even at my current income saving money is still basically impossible. Or maybe I could, if I completely stopped spending any money on hobbies and such, but... my life is already depressingly boring as it is, I don't think cutting out what little fun I do get to have would make me feel any better.

Incidentally, this experience has also made me conclude that if any of the political parties here in Norway base their campaign on making unpaid internships illegal and forcing employers to actually pay everyone who works for them, I will vote for that party immediately. Because having someone work full time and not paying them a dime for it should be illegal as far as I'm concerned.
This sure is a signature.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #21057 on: August 10, 2017, 02:22:56 PM »
I've just read an article from an Italian science site literally expounding the "boobs really are fake butts" Prison School argument about ass-men. They don't link papers or references so I'm left with the tiniest of doubts that someone actually simply read the PS explanation somewhere and rolled with it  :face-rofl. Of course it's more likely that Prison School took inspiration from a real scientific theory, but yeah.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,035,000,000 -
  • Respect: +83
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #21058 on: August 11, 2017, 01:14:48 AM »
There's a theory that men are attracted to boobs/cleavage because it looks like a butt, which goes back at least to the 90s. That was when I first heard about it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:53:06 AM by tdm »

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21059 on: August 11, 2017, 10:29:26 AM »
There's a theory that men are attracted to boobs/cleavage because it looks like a butt, which goes back at least to the 90s. That was when I first heard about it.

You mean you're not like 12 or something?