Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable  (Read 80621 times)

Offline Zxcvbnm11592

• Eternal Hell
  • Bounty: $1,243,000,000 -
  • Respect: +126
Yeah, Jotaro was the one to ORA ORA him, but that wouldn't have been possible without Koichi also saving the day by using 3 freeze to give Jotaro time to get over there. Okuyasu also saved the day by erasing that last bomb bubble and getting Stray Cat from Kira. Hayato also saved the day when he touched Okuyasu's body after he turned into a bomb. I think everyone had their time to heroically save the day in this finale. Jotaro's just happened to involve beating the shit out of someone, because hey, it's what he does best :face-wink

Don't forget the ambulance. His job was vital.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zxcvbnm11592
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Zxcvbnm11592
Updated 13 Sep 2016

Captain of Sneaky Evil Crazy Mastermind Tactics.
Join the Empire today!

Online Garp

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $870,000,000 -
  • Respect: +48
So no teaser for Part 5 but there is this thing, a buddy linked this to me.

Only in the final episodes intros.

DU 1999 =part 4 Diamond Unbreakable set in 1999
GW 2001= part 5 Golden Wind set in 2001

Offline EamonX

• Man without honor
  • Bounty: $428,000,000 -
  • Respect: +45
Yeah I think fadey pointed that out when the third opening first started.

I wouldn't count it as a confirmation. After all, the first opening in Jojo 2012 had a montage of all the protagonists in it. Doesn't mean Part 5 is unlikely. Au contraire, it is almost definitely coming. I think David Pro is now committed to adapting the entire Jojo manga.

Online Garp

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $870,000,000 -
  • Respect: +48

I wouldn't count it as a confirmation. After all, the first opening in Jojo 2012 had a montage of all the protagonists in it. Doesn't mean Part 5 is unlikely. Au contraire, it is almost definitely coming. I think David Pro is now committed to adapting the entire Jojo manga.

Oh my bad, I must've missed that.

Offline FlashForward

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $175,000,000 -
  • Respect: +3

I'm pretty sure it's been their greatest success so far.. They were bought by Warner Bros about a year ago iirc, and I don't recall them doing anything else since Part 1.

Part 5 is a lock imo.. And if Part 6 is going to happen then Part 7 will definitely follow.

Offline Tonitonichopchop

• Cunt
  • Bounty: $4,442,000,000 -
  • Respect: +49
    • Some-Stuffs.com
I'm pretty sure it's been their greatest success so far.. They were bought by Warner Bros about a year ago iirc, and I don't recall them doing anything else since Part 1.

Part 5 is a lock imo.. And if Part 6 is going to happen then Part 7 will definitely follow.

I'm not very confident about Part 7's chances honestly. I think it will definitely be in the cards assuming 6 does well, but it has a lot going against it:

-It's the longest part by number of volumes (24) and would require AT LEAST 48 episodes to be done without major cuts
-The art is insanely detailed and would take a bigger hit than any of the previous six parts as a televised anime
-There's a lot more adult content in Part 7 since it was mostly published in a seinen magazine
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

I think it's possible, but it's definitely not as sure of a thing as 5 and 6. I do hope it happens and that it's done justice, though.
BRZZT

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,474,000,000 -
  • Respect: +721
    • My Anime List
Yeah, Jotaro was the one to ORA ORA him, but that wouldn't have been possible without Koichi also saving the day by using 3 freeze to give Jotaro time to get over there.

About that... what if Jotaro had used Star Finger after freezing time... he could have attacked from much further away... I suppose still not enough since Jotaro would have thought of this.

Additionally, if after stopping time he didn't monologue for half of the frozen time, he could have probably ran the whole way :awsum

(I kid; it wouldn't be anime if people didn't monologue instead of finishing off their opponent. Don't ORAORA me.)

Offline FlashForward

• One Piece Manga Reader
I'm not very confident about Part 7's chances honestly. I think it will definitely be in the cards assuming 6 does well, but it has a lot going against it:

-It's the longest part by number of volumes (24) and would require AT LEAST 48 episodes to be done without major cuts
-The art is insanely detailed and would take a bigger hit than any of the previous six parts as a televised anime
-There's a lot more adult content in Part 7 since it was mostly published in a seinen magazine
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

I think it's possible, but it's definitely not as sure of a thing as 5 and 6. I do hope it happens and that it's done justice, though.

I'll try and split up my reply to each part of your post in a similar fashion so we continue this discussion spoiler-free:

1) Length shouldn't really be an issue, we have had long season orders twice in a row now (Part 3 & now 4).

2) This is a problem that has been tackled before in anime, mangas are almost always more detailed than the anime, although this has more detail than the average manga for sure. Only deterrent here is possible fan backlash over character designs.

3) Only challenge here is in the broadcasting side of things.. We have seen time slot changes in anime before (Notable HxH 2011, which used to be a morning show and shifted to a different time slot), worst case scenario it will turn into OVAs, and Blurays definitely won't be affected much.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Fadeout4

• Resident Jojo Guru
  • Bounty: $1,548,000,000 -
  • Respect: +207
    • My Anime List
So no teaser for Part 5 but there is this thing, a buddy linked this to me.

Only in the final episodes intros.

DU 1999 =part 4 Diamond Unbreakable set in 1999
GW 2001= part 5 Golden Wind set in 2001

Yeah, this is definitely a hint. There was also a hint in the Last Train Home ending in Part 3, Kakyoin is seen reading a book named Golden Wind. It's not a confirmation by any means, just a nice reference to another part and likely an indication that they WANT to animate it.

I don't recall them doing anything else since Part 1.

They... did Neptunia between Part 2 and 3... :vomit

I suppose still not enough since Jotaro would have thought of this.

Even though Jotaro would have thought of it, that doesn't mean Araki would have. Araki probably forgot Star Finger was a thing by the time they got to Egypt :awsum

In all seriousness, Star Finger might have worked for stopping the detonation, but it wouldn't have had anywhere close to the damage that a full on close-range ORA ORA would have, and that damage was necessary for taking out Kira for good.

Click here for Jojo Subs!
Jojo General Thread
Jojo Part 3 Thread
My Jojo Part Ranking: 7 >>> 4 > 6 > 3 > 5* > 1 > 2

Offline FlashForward

• One Piece Manga Reader
They... did Neptunia between Part 2 and 3... :vomit

Good thing I didn't remember it then..

Offline Tonitonichopchop

• Cunt
  • Bounty: $4,442,000,000 -
  • Respect: +49
    • Some-Stuffs.com
I'll try and split up my reply to each part of your post in a similar fashion so we continue this discussion spoiler-free:

1) Length shouldn't really be an issue, we have had long season orders twice in a row now (Part 3 & now 4).

2) This is a problem that has been tackled before in anime, mangas are almost always more detailed than the anime, although this has more detail than the average manga for sure. Only deterrent here is possible fan backlash over character designs.

3) Only challenge here is in the broadcasting side of things.. We have seen time slot changes in anime before (Notable HxH 2011, which used to be a morning show and shifted to a different time slot), worst case scenario it will turn into OVAs, and Blurays definitely won't be affected much.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I agree with your points, but all of this combined is a lot of hurdles to go through. Part 3 was very lucky to get 48 episodes, and it probably only did since it's by far the most popular part in Japan. Part 7 is well liked there, but the manga sold really poorly overall. Part 5 and 6 can pretty much be adapted in the same way as 4, but 7 is gonna have issues that I really hope David will be capable of overcoming.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:42:30 PM by Tonitonichopchop »
BRZZT

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,474,000,000 -
  • Respect: +721
    • My Anime List
In all seriousness, Star Finger might have worked for stopping the detonation, but it wouldn't have had anywhere close to the damage that a full on close-range ORA ORA would have, and that damage was necessary for taking out Kira for good.

Star finger wouldn't have finished it, sure, but it would have at least stopped Bites the Dust for long enough to deliver an ORAORAORAORA a second later.

Either way, I'm not against the strategy of "THREE FREEZE! S.H.I.T.  KILL DA HO! BEEETCH!". TBH Act 3 is just about the only thing I enjoy about Koichi. Other than that he's mostly annoying. Okuyasu should have had more screen time instead  :face-rolleyes

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,021,000,000 -
  • Respect: +81
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Fadeout4

• Resident Jojo Guru
  • Bounty: $1,548,000,000 -
  • Respect: +207
    • My Anime List

Click here for Jojo Subs!
Jojo General Thread
Jojo Part 3 Thread
My Jojo Part Ranking: 7 >>> 4 > 6 > 3 > 5* > 1 > 2

Offline EamonX

• Man without honor
  • Bounty: $428,000,000 -
  • Respect: +45

I first watched Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex around 10 years ago. Rewatching it now and I lol'd hard at this Tachikoma's day episode. I realise that back then, I probably had no idea wtf was going on here.