Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 60067 times)

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,835,000,000 -
  • Respect: +555
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #345 on: July 24, 2017, 09:09:33 PM »
Clearly, in the world of Game of Thrones, no one's heard of the concepts of using explorers or putting up lookouts. At any given time, there's no intelligence; utterly massive armies and fleets simply materialise out of thin air, unexpected.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,036,000,000 -
  • Respect: +83
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #346 on: August 07, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »
Well, S7E4 was pretty good.

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #347 on: August 07, 2017, 05:05:26 PM »
It really was. The battle even made sense! Though my favourite scene must be Arya and Brienne training together. Bonding over smashing each other with swords - #justgirlthings.

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $771,000,000 -
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #348 on: August 07, 2017, 10:18:45 PM »
Arya training was also one of my favorite scenes, not only she's a total badass now, but also Sansa saw that she's the only useless Stark now.
Also loved all the scenes with Bronn in them, he's just too awesome.
Last thing, I never realised how big the dragons are now, with them always being in the background, but my goodness now I know why almost every scene you hear full-grown dragons

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #349 on: August 07, 2017, 10:45:20 PM »
Arya training was also one of my favorite scenes, not only she's a total badass now, but also Sansa saw that she's the only useless Stark now.
Also loved all the scenes with Bronn in them, he's just too awesome.
Last thing, I never realised how big the dragons are now, with them always being in the background, but my goodness now I know why almost every scene you hear full-grown dragons

Yeah, going from "haha dragons are fairytales" to "OH FUCK THERE'S A HUGE ASS LIVE DRAGON FIRING AT OUR FORMATION" doesn't seem like a nice experience for those Lannister soldiers :face-rofl.

Offline FinalplayerRyu

• Grand Line Pirate
  • Bounty: $228,000,000 -
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #350 on: August 08, 2017, 02:16:59 PM »
After the first fire attack, the to ashes reduced soldier crumbling under the attackers, started off extremely nice and that feeling of fighting in a sea of fire was just perfect.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2017, 01:07:53 AM »

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #352 on: August 21, 2017, 06:49:35 PM »
Last episode:

Offline EamonX

• Man without honor
  • Bounty: $443,000,000 -
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #353 on: August 21, 2017, 09:05:48 PM »
Pretty much a gamechanger moment. This will likely be how the white walkers bring down the Wall that's been preventing their invasion for a thousand years. The Wall isn't just a block of ice. It's enchanted with magic that prevents white walkers from going past it.

However, this also makes something a bit odd for the books. The books were building this concept where a legendary horn is the only thing that can bring down the Wall. Nobody knows where the horn is or who has it apart from two instances. Mance Rayder apparently claimed to have had it but was proven to be false. (Yes, he's still alive in the books. Someone else who was glamoured with his appearance was burnt.) And Euron Greyjoy claimed to have had this horn and gives a horn to his brother Victarion (a major character cut from the show). But it's likely not the real too.

It's possible the "horn" isn't really a horn but a dragon breathing fire. It's possible it was merely described as a legendary horn.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2017, 10:48:45 AM »
+1
Zombie dragons are cool, but everyone's forgetting the real winged star of the show...

Just how fast was that raven they sent from the Wall to Dragonstone that Dany managed to rescue the guys all while they were standing in the middle of a frozen lake north of the Wall!?

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #355 on: August 22, 2017, 10:56:51 AM »
Zombie dragons are cool, but everyone's forgetting the real winged star of the show...

Just how fast was that raven they sent from the Wall to Dragonstone that Dany managed to rescue the guys all while they were standing in the middle of a frozen lake north of the Wall!?

Or Gendry finding his way and running alone in a frozen hellscape after he'd never seen snow until a few days earlier, or Drogon for that matter. Time and distance are of no consequence any more in this show.

Also, did anyone think that in her winter suit Danaerys looked a lot like Elsa from Frozen  :face-rofl?

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
« Reply #356 on: August 22, 2017, 02:29:49 PM »
Pretty much a gamechanger moment. This will likely be how the white walkers bring down the Wall that's been preventing their invasion for a thousand years. The Wall isn't just a block of ice. It's enchanted with magic that prevents white walkers from going past it.

However, this also makes something a bit odd for the books. The books were building this concept where a legendary horn is the only thing that can bring down the Wall. Nobody knows where the horn is or who has it apart from two instances. Mance Rayder apparently claimed to have had it but was proven to be false. (Yes, he's still alive in the books. Someone else who was glamoured with his appearance was burnt.) And Euron Greyjoy claimed to have had this horn and gives a horn to his brother Victarion (a major character cut from the show). But it's likely not the real too.

It's possible the "horn" isn't really a horn but a dragon breathing fire. It's possible it was merely described as a legendary horn.
I haven't read the books myself, but from what I've heard, it's pointless to compare the books to the show after the first season.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #357 on: August 22, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »
I haven't read the books myself, but from what I've heard, it's pointless to compare the books to the show after the first season.

Not the *first* season, but by now, we're definitely in original content territory, yes.

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
« Reply #358 on: August 22, 2017, 03:33:03 PM »
Not the *first* season, but by now, we're definitely in original content territory, yes.
Not all original content, since GRRM tells them some major stuff like the thing with Hodor in the last season, but yeah.

Offline EamonX

• Man without honor
  • Bounty: $443,000,000 -
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #359 on: August 22, 2017, 07:55:13 PM »
I think major events, character deaths, and the ending have been given to the producers.

But GRRM does have the complete right to just change everything he originally planned if wants. So potentially, the show might be extremely different to the books.