Author Topic: Dragon Ball  (Read 108166 times)

Offline mwyeoh

• Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $391,000,000 -
  • Respect: +16
Re: Dragon Ball
« Reply #705 on: June 18, 2017, 10:25:13 AM »
Jumping back to the manga. New chapter out. Still the fight against zamasu
http://mangastream.com/read/dragon_ball_super/025/4358/1

Its developing a little differently, especially a certain technique by goku
(click to show/hide)

I'm definitely preferring the manga's adaption and limitations of supersaiyan Enel and blue more than the anime's

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,835,000,000 -
  • Respect: +555
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
« Reply #706 on: June 18, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »
Jumping back to the manga. New chapter out. Still the fight against zamasu
http://mangastream.com/read/dragon_ball_super/025/4358/1

Its developing a little differently, especially a certain technique by goku
(click to show/hide)

I'm definitely preferring the manga's adaption and limitations of supersaiyan Enel and blue more than the anime's

Yeah, it's more all-around well thought out. Though Zamasu's still bullshit, OP as fuck  :face-rofl. Also

(click to show/hide)

Offline rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $974,000,000 -
  • Respect: +27
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #707 on: June 18, 2017, 01:48:38 PM »
Same. I can't even remember what it was like in the anime, it was that bad.

Though Zamasu's still bullshit, OP as fuck  :face-rofl.
I think that's the whole point; so they can get Zen Oh-sama to fuck shit up even more.
My Anime List
My Tumblr (Made for AMV's)

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,835,000,000 -
  • Respect: +555
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
« Reply #708 on: June 18, 2017, 02:02:38 PM »
Same. I can't even remember what it was like in the anime, it was that bad.

They just had a number of arbitrary rage powerups, then Trunks started glowing blue-ish for some reason and fucked Zamasu up, then Zamasu got better and Zen-oh kicked in.

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $771,000,000 -
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #709 on: June 25, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »
It can't be. Will the tournament actually start with the next episode?

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,542,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
« Reply #710 on: June 25, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »
No. There will be a Pilaf Shitting Around filler episode first.

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
  • Bounty: $1,695,000,000 -
  • Respect: +276
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #711 on: June 25, 2017, 08:26:17 PM »
From the looks of it, we're definitely getting a Trunks and Goten defending the island episode. :-_-
Hopefully before or after the tournament and not during. If Super pulls that Naruto Shippuden crap, I'm gonna lose my shit.
This is a very late response, but I'd like to point out that if we do get a whole bunch of full-on cutaway episodes, that might just end up making the actual tournament better. Because it gives them another extra week which they can probably just assign their less amazing animators on, thus enabling the actual good animators to work on more of the big moments.

...Of course, this is all assuming that Toei gives a shit about having their shows look good, which from past experience usually isn't the case. But hey, Super has looked on the whole pretty decent lately, and if they were scheduling things so that the good animators will have time to deliver some impressive action in upcoming episodes, then I can certainly accept the odd Goten and Trunks Protecting the Island episode every now and then. And actually, considering just how much time they spent on just getting the team together, I certainly hope this will result in a well-paced, well-animated tournament. They certainly kept us waiting long enough, so the payoff had better be worth it!
This sure is a signature.

Offline mwyeoh

• Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $391,000,000 -
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #712 on: June 30, 2017, 12:20:25 PM »
Looks like the intro may get a small rework. The opening image has been updated to have frieza (Assuming it makes it into the series)

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #713 on: June 30, 2017, 03:02:57 PM »
Looks like the intro may get a small rework. The opening image has been updated to have frieza (Assuming it makes it into the series)

Well if they animated a version that has Freeza in it, they'd better freaking include it in the show. Seriously, they updated the ending to feature him, and Boo was only in two shots to begin with. They really should have put him in the opening several weeks ago.

Offline rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $974,000,000 -
  • Respect: +27
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #714 on: July 02, 2017, 08:18:09 AM »
Well if they animated a version that has Freeza in it, they'd better freaking include it in the show. Seriously, they updated the ending to feature him, and Boo was only in two shots to begin with. They really should have put him in the opening several weeks ago.
Well, they're using it now rather than putting in an all new opening. They even changed the middle thing to include Frieza.

If 5 minutes lasted for 9 episodes (5 in Kai), I wonder how many episodes 48 minutes will last for...
Not to mention, the fish guy in the group that attacked Gohan and co. looks familiar. I kept thinking One Punch Man, but just figued it out. It reminds me of the fish guy in the Minions movie my niece and nephews are always watching. Are all fish people drawn like that or something? And I swear, I've seen that green guy Goku fought somwhere else...or at least the outfit. Another Toriyama work...?
My Anime List
My Tumblr (Made for AMV's)

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
« Reply #715 on: July 02, 2017, 09:01:36 AM »
I'm a bit sad about the lazy way they chose to animate the tournament, I mean the explosions in the background. Well, I dunno what I hoped for tho, would be impossible to animate 80 people fighting in the background while having a main fight in focus.

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #716 on: July 02, 2017, 07:15:12 PM »
Much like the Marineford arc in One Piece, there was never any way Toei was going to actually choreograph 80 people fighting and actually show them at all times. Though even then, at Marineford they probably could have gotten away with just doing a few stock "characters fighting"-animations and throwing them into the background seeing how the battle there was filled with thousands of nameless faceless goons, but in the case of this tournament... Nah we've got eight ten-man teams of the strongest fighters the various universes have to offer. It was never going to be anything but one-on-one battles or small groups fighting while the rest of the action is either off-screen or conveniently obscured. At least the explosions help indicate that people are fighting in the background. I mean I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if the backgrounds had just been left empty.

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $924,000,000 -
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #717 on: July 03, 2017, 10:56:29 PM »
I still have to catch up from the end of the Black arc, can I just skip to the tournament or is there anyhting usefull I need to watch inbetween arcs?

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
« Reply #718 on: July 04, 2017, 01:23:12 AM »
There wasn't really much right before the action started I'd say. The moments with Gohan and Piccolo and Gohan and Goku shouldn't be skipped imo, because Gohan had a lot of growth. Also Freeza was cool. There was also an awesome moment with Roshi and Korin right before the tournament (It was like 20 seconds though). The rest was just "meh" I'd say.

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,542,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
« Reply #719 on: July 04, 2017, 11:19:09 AM »
The tournament so far is not worth skipping to. No point in skipping a bunch of meh to get to a bunch of meh.