Author Topic: Food & Cooking General  (Read 32078 times)

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,562,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
Re: Food & Cooking General
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »
Huh. I typically prefer reading about this kind of thing than watching/listening to it - it's just easier to process the necessary stuff without all of the attempts to "entertain" me getting in the way - but maybe I'll look at it at some point?

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $779,000,000 -
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2017, 07:07:43 PM »
That Japanese master sushi chef and his buddy who films dont mess around, they just say hi to everyone, say what they'll make, the ingredients that they'll use and then get to business. I get your point, most youtubers tend to be annoying, but i kind of like these guys, they keep it simple, plus I tend to like video instructions more, because I can actually see how the thing that I'm making should look like.

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,562,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2017, 12:38:41 PM »
Dunno, man. There's a lot of videos with clickbaity or memey titles (EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. ASMR. WORLD'S SHARPEST KNIFE), the comments are largely some "Good Afternoon" meme rather than actual cooking discussion, and even if I ignore these warning signs that it's not really a serious cooking resource and more a social media outlet, and watch it anyway, it's like 2/3 sushi. I'm more interested in learning a wider range of new things. So yeah, thanks for the suggestion but I really think this one isn't for me.