Author Topic: News worth our time  (Read 442517 times)

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,031,000,000 -
  • Respect: +82
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
Re: News worth our time
« Reply #4140 on: May 09, 2017, 02:01:48 AM »

In short, if you're American, equal access to online information is once again under serious threat. John Oliver encourages internet commenters to voice their displeasure to the FCC by visiting www.gofccyourself.com and clicking "express" to file your comment.

That comment should be something along the lines of "I support strong net neutrality backed by Title II oversight of ISPs."

And even if you're not American, perhaps do it too. Sometimes what happens in America can spread.

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,772,000,000 -
  • Respect: +555
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
« Reply #4141 on: May 12, 2017, 04:46:48 PM »
I'm having a surreal discussion on FB with some guy who supports Trump on this piece of news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-issues-sweeping-new-criminal-charging-policy/2017/05/11/4752bd42-3697-11e7-b373-418f6849a004_story.html?tid=ss_fb-bottom&utm_term=.d1668c9d4606

Him: "Good, only Trump could do this as he's not on anyone's pay book, the prison system has everyone else in their pockets."
Me: "But it says that Sessions cancelled a previous memo saying to avoid big mandatory minimum sentences, so this makes for longer sentences, so surely this advantages the prison system?"
Him: "No, it says they removed the mandatory minimum sentences."
Me: "What? It clearly says Holder suggested not to use them, but now Sessions walked back on that."
Him: "No it's the other way around."
Me: "..."

I swear, I've never realised self-delusion could get THIS bad. This is literally hallucinating, reading one text and understanding the completely opposite thing of what it says  :face-dizzy.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #4142 on: May 13, 2017, 02:24:30 AM »
Sessions cancelled a previous memo saying to avoid big mandatory minimum sentences,

The U.S. has become so negative it's become double negative and is confusing Trump supporters.   :face-surprised

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,498,000,000 -
  • Respect: +724
    • My Anime List
« Reply #4143 on: May 18, 2017, 01:41:01 PM »
Trump says "no politician in history ... has been treated worse or more unfairly" than him

This is even more reminiscent of a whining toddler who isn't getting his/her own way than his usual crap. Wah wah wah everyone is being mean to me, this is unfair.

Even just going by US presidents I think Lincoln and Kennedy would have to disagree that they were treated better than Trump.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
« Reply #4144 on: May 19, 2017, 01:00:40 AM »
Trump says "no politician in history ... has been treated worse or more unfairly" than him

Trump is the best at being treated the worst.

His unfair treatment is the biggest, most unfairest treatment you've ever seen, folks.

Tremendous.

Offline Dan

• Supernova
  • Bounty: $387,000,000 -
  • Respect: +23