Author Topic: Upcoming Games  (Read 159979 times)

Offline rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $968,000,000 -
  • Respect: +27
    • My Tumblr
Re: Upcoming Games
« Reply #1395 on: June 15, 2017, 07:13:10 AM »
AFAIK Nintendo's main games are Metroid, Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.

So no, I didn't forget Fire Emblem.   :face-wink
There's no denying Mario, Zelda and Pokémon are Nintendo's top franchises, but Kirby and Fire Emblem have both been seeing as much love as the big 3 lately, so they should be considered as "main" as Metroid is imo.

I don't have a 3DS so I haven't played Awakening or Fates, and I'm very disappointed that everyone except Marth is only from those two games so far. There were 10 titles in the series before them, show the oldies some love! :face-cry
Fair enough. The only Fire Emblem games I've played are on 3DS (I don't like PermaDeath) and have been told to get my hands on previous entries if I can as they're much better, so I can sympathise and want those older characters in it, too.
My Anime List
My Tumblr (Made for AMV's)

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.

Offline Zxcvbnm11592

• Eternal Hell
  • Bounty: $1,253,000,000 -
  • Respect: +128
« Reply #1396 on: June 15, 2017, 08:23:21 AM »
Fair enough. The only Fire Emblem games I've played are on 3DS (I don't like PermaDeath) and have been told to get my hands on previous entries if I can as they're much better, so I can sympathise and want those older characters in it, too.

Yep, it's true, the older games are harder, they toned it down for the 3DS games to attract a bigger audience. The funny part is they toned down the difficulty for the west, lol. We have Easy, Normal and Hard modes, Japan had Normal, Hard and Maniac.

Still wanna see my boy Hector make an appearance someday. Even Lyn made it to Smash Bros.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zxcvbnm11592
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Zxcvbnm11592
Updated 13 Sep 2016

Captain of Sneaky Evil Crazy Mastermind Tactics.
Join the Empire today!

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,035,000,000 -
  • Respect: +83
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #1397 on: June 16, 2017, 01:55:51 AM »
Yep, it's true, the older games are harder,

I don't know about FE, but I certainly think the original Mario, Zelda and Metroid games are harder than the recent ones, if only because you had less directions of movement in the original games.

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Beldarius

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $112,000,000 -
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #1398 on: June 18, 2017, 02:33:34 AM »
Yep, it's true, the older games are harder, they toned it down for the 3DS games to attract a bigger audience. The funny part is they toned down the difficulty for the west, lol. We have Easy, Normal and Hard modes, Japan had Normal, Hard and Maniac.

I'm not sure if Shadows of Valentia counts as "toned down", though. I've never played the original Gaiden game (can't read Japanese and stuff), yet I still finished SoV in a week. Hated fighting Duma, though... the 40 HP regeneration rate was ridiculous.

...Also, seeing how Xander is in Fire Emblem Warriors... now I'm happy I got that game. Xander is my favorite character in Fates. XD Too bad Yen'fay doesn't seem to be in it since he's my favorite in Awakening...

Welp. Still hoping for Camus in Warriors.
lurk lurkedy lurk kaboom

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,035,000,000 -
  • Respect: +83
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #1399 on: July 04, 2017, 01:44:02 AM »

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Zeronoux

• Greeeeen
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $2,139,000,000 -
  • Respect: +136
    • Zeronoux
« Reply #1400 on: July 16, 2017, 06:35:08 PM »
Its actually coming in 2018, holy shit!!

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $914,000,000 -
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #1401 on: July 16, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
Its actually coming in 2018, holy shit!!

Enel... It looks so freaking GOOOD!! This has been hyping me for years now, finally seeing some sort of release date is blissful. I haven't preordered a game in years and rightfully so but I'll be damned if I don't preorder the collectors edition instantly off this thing.

EDIT: Its natural that this looks good because it's a prerendered trailer. Actual game might not be that pretty but will probably remain an awesome game nonetheless.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:06:42 PM by Garp »