Author Topic: Episode Agony Thread  (Read 2784271 times)

Offline ninjacloud

• Mountain Bandit
  • Bounty: $62,000,000 -
  • Respect: +3
Re: Episode Agony Thread
« Reply #21330 on: November 03, 2017, 11:15:53 AM »
What if some Yibisors got a point to stop or hold releasing current arc eps as they may have some analysis to do for future eps which may affect current ones, just thinking like that made me happy to wait longer :P

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,558,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21331 on: November 03, 2017, 05:44:35 PM »
Seems unlikely. I don't think any fansubber has ever done that. The problem is literally just that they don't have enough people with enough time, and despite pleading for more staff to join for years, it's not happening.

Offline Lamel3g

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #21332 on: November 04, 2017, 05:05:00 AM »
Both this, and if you felt that was "long-winded" then I suspect you may be an American since they are about the only nationality with such aversion to recreational reading that a mere 50 words spread across two sentences could possibly be seen as in any way excessive. Had I proceeded on a multi-paragraph rant, as I have been known to do so, admittedly, then this kind of description would hold some accuracy but this is so far from one of those cases that I'm not sure you even know what you're saying.
I agree with your quick breakdown of my post that "long-winded" wasn't the most appropriate term in this particular situation. I'm hardly averse to reading, but personally your response appeared a bit superfluous in length, at least in regards to the point you were making. However, that's obviously just my opinion. Judging from the replies I've gotten, it seems you have a bit of a penchant for wordiness? I certainly have no problem with that.

As I stated earlier, it just seemed to read as a bit condescending. I just wanted to make you aware of it, in case that wasn't your aim. If it was intended as banter, I clearly didn't realize. Perhaps my wit just isn't up to par with yours.

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21333 on: November 04, 2017, 05:23:20 PM »
Don't worry; people have pointed out countless times that they find my internet posts condescending. Usually not as politely as you just did, for that matter. (A more typical way people have gone about informing me of this is more to the tune of "cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt"). To be honest, though, even when it's not my aim, I just roll with it for fun now. The aforementioned typical class of reaction is too amusing to miss out on.

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $939,000,000 -
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #21334 on: November 04, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »
*Sigh*

Offline basora

• Civilian
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #21335 on: November 12, 2017, 09:26:42 PM »
My friend started One Piece about a month and a half ago.  Last night he got to 692. Soon he'll pass me.

Offline amiblue

• Freezing Hell
  • Bounty: $518,000,000 -
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #21336 on: November 13, 2017, 02:10:37 AM »
Snip

You have matured from a critical unsympathetic humourist downright denigrating every new person who happened to cross your path, capitalising on their inability to understand how fun it is for everyone else involved, especially you, to a dull and boring friendly neighborhood intellectual who debates with etiquette putting on a facade of politeness and apologies for every other thing.

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21337 on: November 13, 2017, 11:58:00 AM »
I dunno what you're rambling about but it sounds to me like the latter might just be one of many tools for the greater purpose of the former. Please, "matured"? Never. At best I've gotten more meta over the years.

And besides, I don't invest much time in denigrating people here any more since the numbers have gone down enough that it's not worth it any more. There's only one or two idiots still around regularly and if/when I do bother to play with them, my heart's just not really in it any more. Nah, my attention is elsewhere lately.

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
« Reply #21338 on: November 13, 2017, 08:30:41 PM »
Honestly, when multiple people point out that you're being condescending maybe you should adjust your way of speaking? Although I'm pretty sure you know you're being condescending to deliberately provoke people. It's either that or it's a severe lack of social skills. I'm thinking both.

Also, do you know how ridiculous it is to play the victim card after you insult people first?

You: "the point you made is stupid and because of it you're a dumb idiot"
Everyone who has ever had the displeasure of talking to you: "even if my point is stupid that doesnt define me as person so fuck you cunt"
You:"omg this verbal harassement, i did nothing wrong! everyone always hates on me Q_Q"

Many people think you are a condescendent guy because of your arrogance and desperation to flaunt your intelligence. Unfortunately that's just you being you.
The real shit starts when you're actually wrong, that's when the hypocrisy, semantics, strawmans, baseless assumptions and most of all the increasing condescendece start. I have no idea what drives you to be such a bitter person and where your desire for conflict comes from. I wonder how you behave in real life. Is this your way of venting frustration? It's my belief the more a person acts out on the internet, the more introverted he is in real life.  That's just my baseless assumption (I can do that too) and bias towards you.  Unlike you I can accept being wrong, and I  can accept it much easier if people are politely pointing that out rather than rude people who need to show how good they are at verbally abusing others so everyone can see how big their e-penis is when all people really see is immaturity.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:37:56 PM by Garp »

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21339 on: November 14, 2017, 12:05:11 PM »
Hahaha speak of the devil.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,724,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #21340 on: November 14, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »
The salty aroma of bitter, frustrated tears permeate this thread.
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
« Reply #21341 on: November 14, 2017, 03:52:22 PM »
The salty aroma of bitter, frustrated tears permeate this thread.
Yeah man. Sorry about that. Although this IS the agony thread. Frustration is supposed to be vented here :face-rolleyes
Ill say no more though. Ive said what I wanted to say.