Author Topic: Episode Agony Thread  (Read 2804304 times)

Offline Karael

• Grand Line Pirate
  • Bounty: $230,000,000 -
  • Respect: +9
Re: Episode Agony Thread
« Reply #21315 on: October 03, 2017, 12:14:35 AM »
Any updates on the much awaited comeback? Need to know when I'll throw that party! :face-rofl

Offline jhii07

• Civilian
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #21316 on: October 03, 2017, 12:17:30 PM »
I'll prolly throw a party this weekend if this happens.

Offline Karael

• Grand Line Pirate
« Reply #21317 on: October 12, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »
Welp... it seems that everyone here either died from the agony or the ones who survived opted for another group. Feels bad that the agony subsided  :face-cry

Offline Garp

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $952,000,000 -
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #21318 on: October 12, 2017, 03:44:48 PM »
Agony dies when animation quality goes down. Also the bad pacing of the story is killing all the hype.

Offline kingwolf

• King of Wolves and Lord of Catgirls
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $388,000,000 -
« Reply #21319 on: October 13, 2017, 06:03:22 AM »
i still patiently agonize until told otherwise ;c
"I lose my memory little by little with each day. Soon, time will eventually make me forget. But for now, I'll never forget your warm heart." From the flash "I won't forget" by Snow-Studios at Newgrounds

Offline tai-man

• Freezing Hell
  • Bounty: $399,000,000 -
  • Respect: +55
« Reply #21320 on: October 21, 2017, 02:18:55 AM »
Welp... it seems that everyone here either died from the agony or the ones who survived opted for another group. Feels bad that the agony subsided  :face-cry
Don't despair! I haven't seen as much as one second of any other fansub group's release!
Well, not entirely true, since I have compared old eps. for "quality control", so to speak.
I like yibis, but I don't have anything invested in them per se, and I'm fairly indifferent as to where the work stems from,
but I simply haven't seen any group/site with standards equal to those of yibis. My one and only "loyalty", to put it bluntly,
lies with quality. Thus, ruined by good merch, there is nothing left to do but wait for this chosen drug of mine in agony.

Offline Black Fox

• Civilian
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #21321 on: October 22, 2017, 05:08:44 AM »
I still believe in the heart of Yibis... :dice
Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live...

Offline tekkkamanendless

• Civilian
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #21322 on: October 31, 2017, 02:30:25 AM »
I don't know what's worse, this agony right now or the agony that I'm going to feel once Yibis actually releases something and I have to start the agony all over again...

Offline kingwolf

• King of Wolves and Lord of Catgirls
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $388,000,000 -
« Reply #21323 on: October 31, 2017, 02:49:59 AM »
well once they release it, i would think theyd have sufficient staff id hope anyways lol
"I lose my memory little by little with each day. Soon, time will eventually make me forget. But for now, I'll never forget your warm heart." From the flash "I won't forget" by Snow-Studios at Newgrounds

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,562,000,000 -
  • Respect: +727
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21324 on: October 31, 2017, 12:05:54 PM »
Having enough staff is a necessary but not sufficient condition for releases, though.

Offline Karael

• Grand Line Pirate
« Reply #21325 on: November 02, 2017, 02:45:28 AM »
I tend to look on the bright side of things. So lets say for example when Yibis manages to get the releases going they are going to have blu ray quality material at their disposal!! :face-rofl

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21326 on: November 02, 2017, 12:40:18 PM »
But again, the BDs being released is only a necessary but not sufficient condition for them to actually do blu-ray releases.

So much undue optimism is derived from not understanding, or at the very least choosing to pay no heed to, the distinction between different types of conditions.

Offline Lamel3g

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #21327 on: November 03, 2017, 05:09:42 AM »
But again, the BDs being released is only a necessary but not sufficient condition for them to actually do blu-ray releases.

So much undue optimism is derived from not understanding, or at the very least choosing to pay no heed to, the distinction between different types of conditions.
I see no necessity for you to compose such a long-winded response just for the sake of stating the very simple point you made with that post. I'm sure you had no ill intentions, but it reads as though you're talking down to the person your reply is directed towards.

It's also worth noting that they only presented the possibility of the blu-ray source being used. As this is the episode agony thread, I don't think a little unfounded optimism is all that terrible.

Hopefully that doesn't sound like pure criticism. I really just came here to express my a g o n y.

Offline Azur3Phoenix

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $997,000,000 -
  • Respect: +27
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #21328 on: November 03, 2017, 05:47:06 AM »
I see no necessity for you to compose such a long-winded response just for the sake of stating the very simple point you made with that post. I'm sure you had no ill intentions, but it reads as though you're talking down to the person your reply is directed towards.
It feels like you've never seen him around here before.
My Anime List
My Tumblr (Made for AMV's)

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • My Anime List
« Reply #21329 on: November 03, 2017, 10:15:58 AM »
It feels like you've never seen him around here before.

Both this, and if you felt that was "long-winded" then I suspect you may be an American since they are about the only nationality with such aversion to recreational reading that a mere 50 words spread across two sentences could possibly be seen as in any way excessive. Had I proceeded on a multi-paragraph rant, as I have been known to do so, admittedly, then this kind of description would hold some accuracy but this is so far from one of those cases that I'm not sure you even know what you're saying.

The word "compose" implies some level of advanced thought being involved which is also not the case. I'm not saying anything deep or meaningful enough to warrant such descriptors. Given that from your language you seem to believe that I wrote an extensive analytical essay rather than a two-line shitpost, I wonder if you got confused somewhere down the line and were intending to respond to a considerably different post elsewhere?

(I would run this joke longer and make this response more long and analytical but I ran out of time and have to go somewhere now but maybe you get the point already :p)