Author Topic: Pokémon  (Read 295594 times)

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
  • Bounty: $1,695,000,000 -
  • Respect: +276
    • My DeviantArt-page
Re: Pokémon
« Reply #2100 on: June 14, 2017, 02:28:31 PM »
So, um... main series Pokémon game for the Switch announced. I mean, they gave absolutely no other info besides "We're working on it", but that's a thing that's happening now.
This sure is a signature.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,712,000,000 -
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #2101 on: June 14, 2017, 04:32:32 PM »
That Switch looks more and more tempting. After I get my beefy new PC, that might the next thing I save up for.
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #2102 on: June 14, 2017, 04:55:49 PM »
Yeah, I already wanted a Switch, but until now I've felt that everything that looked particularly interesting on it was stuff that was also available on the Wii U. Now... okay Pokémon is obviously also on the 3DS, but let's be real here, full HD Pokémon sounds awesome. Not to mention I'm gonna assume a Switch version would run far smoother than Sun and Moon do on the 3DS.
(Well, the Switch does also have Super Mario Odyssey coming out I guess. Which looks completely insane and I want it.)

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #2103 on: June 17, 2017, 01:52:18 PM »
I must say, it's a good thing it's part of my series canon that there is a lv100 shiny Arceus who watches over my actions and does not approve of my evil ways... Because this game clearly has it in for me. I mean, I had been joking before that this game hates me because I've been consistently having the worst luck possible, but sheesh.

...So in other words, yo CL3, I think you guys might actually enjoy this run. It is filled to the brim with suffering.

Offline Xemnas

• 闇の住人
  • Bounty: $1,168,000,000 -
  • Respect: +56
    • My Anime List
« Reply #2104 on: June 17, 2017, 03:30:19 PM »
I can attest to that. Veggy is pretty much hitting every possible low roll possible in this run. Provides for frustratingly entertaining entertainment XD.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #2105 on: June 17, 2017, 03:57:56 PM »
I must say, it's a good thing it's part of my series canon that there is a lv100 shiny Arceus who watches over my actions and does not approve of my evil ways... Because this game clearly has it in for me. I mean, I had been joking before that this game hates me because I've been consistently having the worst luck possible, but sheesh.

...So in other words, yo CL3, I think you guys might actually enjoy this run. It is filled to the brim with suffering.
Speaking of Nuzlocke, what did you think of the TFS Emerald Nuzlocke? Elite 4 and champion was kinda uneventful, but it was a really fun series overall, with fun characters IMO.

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #2106 on: June 17, 2017, 04:16:16 PM »
Speaking of Nuzlocke, what did you think of the TFS Emerald Nuzlocke? Elite 4 and champion was kinda uneventful, but it was a really fun series overall, with fun characters IMO.
MyEX IS BEST GIRL.

...Well I mean, I'm still in the camp that thinks they kinda lost the right to even call it a Nuzlocke after they blatantly broke their own self-imposed rules and ignored the wipe against Winona, but the rest of the run was still fun, so I can't complain too much.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #2107 on: June 17, 2017, 04:38:18 PM »
MyEX IS BEST GIRL.

...Well I mean, I'm still in the camp that thinks they kinda lost the right to even call it a Nuzlocke after they blatantly broke their own self-imposed rules and ignored the wipe against Winona, but the rest of the run was still fun, so I can't complain too much.
Hell yeah! I love all the fanart she got. Is Swallot a really good Pokémon or was it just the circumstances of this playthrough that mad it seem so?

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #2108 on: June 17, 2017, 04:56:22 PM »
Hell yeah! I love all the fanart she got. Is Swallot a really good Pokémon or was it just the circumstances of this playthrough that mad it seem so?
Well I've never used one, but on the competitive scene... it's in the PU tier on Smogon. Which, for the record, is the same tier that Unown is in. So yeah, generally not considered to be anything even remotely resembling awesome.

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
« Reply #2109 on: June 17, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »
Well I've never used one, but on the competitive scene... it's in the PU tier on Smogon. Which, for the record, is the same tier that Unown is in. So yeah, generally not considered to be anything even remotely resembling awesome.
I suppose her strengths are less useful in a competition with enemies that have an actual brain and can think. I mean her ability is mostly useful against grass types and nobody would throw in one against her in the first place. I don't don't know how se fares stats-wise because I don't know shit about competitive Pokémon, but I guess her stats aren't that standout either.
PU: What the heck does PU mean though?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:37:44 PM by HUNRonin »

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #2110 on: June 17, 2017, 06:44:32 PM »
PU: What the heck does PU mean though?
Not a clue. All I know is that it's the tier under "Never Used".

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #2111 on: June 22, 2017, 06:05:24 PM »
All things considered... this was never going to end any other way.

(click to show/hide)

Offline rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $974,000,000 -
  • Respect: +27
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2112 on: July 12, 2017, 05:03:53 AM »
I don't know how long this stuff has been known for, but I only just watched the latest trailer for the upcoming Pokemon movie as a friend of mine can't wait for it and shared it on Facebook. I'm only here to say that the new movie is supposed to celebrate 20 years of the anime, right? Because it feels more like a giant "fuck you" to fans imo. I mean, the anime has always been a "fuck you" to the game's logic (there's a Gyarados swimming in the Pallet Town River for example), but can you really retell the events of Kanto without Brock and Misty? There's no Gary, either. Instead, Ash gets new partners created just for the movie who have a Piplup and a Lucario, 2 Gen 4 Pokemon that just add to the possibility of a Gen 4 remake happening. There's even a new rival for the movie who has an Incineroar. I can accept adding in new allies/rivals and Pokemon from later generations, but please don't fuck with the story and stuff too much. And do NOT replace the allies we know and love! And why is Charmeleon listening to Ash? And, most importantly, how much is the movie going to cover? Because it feels like it's going to try and wrap up a dozen hours worth of content in just an hour and a half...
My Anime List
My Tumblr (Made for AMV's)

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #2113 on: July 12, 2017, 03:28:19 PM »
Yeah, when I first heard about this new movie I was like "Oh cool, a Pokémon movie that might actually appeal to me!" but the more they revealed about it (and they haven't really even revealed that much) the more my stance changed to just "Wait, what even is this?" I mean I'll probably still give it a watch just to see where they even go with this "Total reimagining of the start of Satoshi's journey" thing, but... dammit I wanted to see a high quality retelling of the show I watched as a kid!

One thing I'll give them major credit for though: Bringing back Asuca Hayashi to perform the ending theme. She previously performed the ending theme to Jirachi Wish Maker, a movie which I have very little interest in watching but damn is that ending theme amazing. Enough so that even 4Kids kept it! Well... partially. I still stand by my totally serious hypothesis that someone at 4Kids just heard the song and went "Okay guys, there is absolutely no conceivable way we could top this and it would be a borderline sin to replace it," thus resulting in the dub having... well... this.

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #2114 on: August 06, 2017, 01:42:28 AM »
They were teasing some huge announcement for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon today. What did we get?!

...Lycanroc Dusk Form.

That's it.