Author Topic: Playback support thread - All playback-related crap goes here!  (Read 143188 times)

Offline King Puck

• Administrator
  • Bounty: $3,445,000,000 -
  • Respect: +602
Support only for Mpc-Hc or Mplayer!

If you want to get help, here or anywhere else on the internet for that matter, you must follow certain steps and provide as much info as possible: First use a crc checker (like CCCP-Insurgent > tools > crc check) on the file to make sure it isn't corrupted. The returned code has to match the one in the file name. Then give a description of the problem along with operating system, playback software and, for Windows users, also a copy of a CCCP-Insurgent test-render of the file and a screenshot of the filters used by MPC-HC as shown in the pics below.

(click to show/hide)

HD (1280x720): mkv container/variable framerate h264 video/aac audio/*.ass subtitles (internal/embedded softsubs)
SD mp4 (848x480): mp4 container/variable framerate h264 video/aac audio
SD avi (704x400): avi container/xvid video/mp3 audio

Windows

Average users get the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) with the included Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.
CCCP's wiki and its forum feature extensive playback- and troubleshooting guides and an informed community to help you solve your problems.

People that are looking for a way to reduce cpu usage for h264 video can check out this DirectX Video Acceleration + softsubs guide (your graphic card needs to support dxva tho): http://imouto.my/watching-h264-videos-using-dxva/ Be aware though that using the internal mpc-hc subtitle renderer (also recommended in other imouto posts linked at the bottom), even though it looks better when blowing up subbed videos (the smaller the original video the more obvious the difference) to fullscreen on larger displays is harder on the cpu and will cause aspect ratio distortions for subs on anamorphic video. You can check that out with our Episode 0 mkv.

MadVR + MPC-HC Setp: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516729

MPlayer (Linux/Mac)

MPlayer is a standalone movie player which runs on GNU/Linux, *BSD, OSX and many other systems; it can play almost every video file out of the box.

Mac: Mplayer OSX extended. Note that running the app directly from the .dmg without dragging the app out to the applications folder will cause problems.
Linux: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
Download: svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
Install: install missing libraries (including -devel packages), ./configure, make, sudo make install
Config File: ~/.mplayer/config

Config parameters:
Code:
# display the first subtitle track
sid=0
# enable high quality subtitle rendering including custom fonts (included in .mkv files) and positioning
ass=1
# set fullscreen mode by default
fs=1

How to watch a video: mplayer '[yibis]_One_Piece_383_[720p][F147A649].mkv'

VFR (concerns Episodes 455+)

(click to show/hide)

PS3 streaming guides:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Support only for Mpc-Hc or Mplayer!

Offline ZeDestructor

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $82,000,000 -
  • Respect: 0
Alternate methods:

1. Media Player Classic - Homecinema

MPC-HC on SourceForge

Use this guide if you want GPU acceleration Link

Other wise it works from first start

2. Haali Media Splitter + ffdshow + any DShow Compatible player (like WinMedia)

Haali Media Splitter
ffdshow on SourceForge
VSFilter 32Bit
VSFilter 64Bit

AX and DLL installation info (for VSFilter)

EDIT: Added MPC-HC link
EDIT2: Use VSFilter instead of ffdshow (Thx SockPain)
EDIT3: VSFilter 64bit link (Thx Sockpain)
EDIT4: Nicer Linking
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:23:15 AM by ZeDestructor »

Offline King Puck

• Administrator
Don't use ffdshow subtitles. Install VSfilter to get subtitles support for all directshow players.

Offline masterogor

• Grand Line Pirate
  • Bounty: $124,000,000 -
I use GOM media player for both works fine!    ;)

Offline Lartz

• Civilian
    • Anime-Fansite
Mkv can be a problem for some ppl and i'm one of them i use K-lite and Media Player Classic to make it work and its easy to install and it allways work :)

Offline Rriggo

• Civilian
Hi there! I am new to this forum and just need to ask some things. Is there english subs to the episodes that you post? And if there is, why cant i see the subs. I can just see the subs at the intro.

Can anyone give me a helping hand? I would really appreciate it. Best regards / Rriggo

Offline King Puck

• Administrator
:-_-

You need VSfilter for softsub support and a directshowplayer.
Read the thread and google softsubs and the listed file formats or follow the link to the vegapunk thread about displaying softsubs or something. It's all in there. On Windows just deinstall all other codecs and install cccp.

Offline Rriggo

• Civilian
THanks alot, now it works with media player classic!!!!!! :D

Offline King Puck

• Administrator
Alternate methods:
1. Media Player Classic - Homecinema
The subtitle filter in MPC is the VSfilter linked in the first post.

Btw, I gotta take that back. I don't know what subtitle renderer mpc-hc uses but I know I can't endorse it. I just checked it out and it renders the subs incorrectly as demonstrated here:

(click to show/hide)

Playing around with the options didn't help and the one thread I read about this didn't have a solution either so while there might very well be a solution I see no reason to give support to win32 users on MPC-HC only that could just as well install VSFilter which will get it right on default values.

Offline Enigma Solovar

• Supernova
  • Bounty: $322,000,000 -
  • Respect: +4
the unspeakable is known to have issues with softsubbed mkvs and we advise against using it so don't post problems related to that!

so far i can say, running the unspeakable player on Windows 7 RC 1, i have had non of past know issues that i had on my Windows XP or/and Vista, ofcuz i don't know what issues you have had.
but..
the issues that i had on my Windows XP or/and Vista, running the unspeakable, have been laggy or missing frames, un-wanted shutdown of the unspeakable player, one frame over leeping ohters makeing a sort-of pixle like only showing parts of the movement.

um, i guess the appearing of issues can also be based on what the inside you computer looks like, i mean what parts it have... CPU, GPU and so on.

Edit: don't know if it's okay to post this here, but i guess it's a good idea to talk out of my own experience...

2nd Edit: i have come to my senses.... i am useing CCCP now.... the unspeakable player is crap
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:25:19 PM by Enigma Solovar »

Offline kaizokugami

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $3,752,000,000 -
  • Respect: +55
Does MPlayer run on windows too? Is it Free? I've never heard of it before. I've just been using VLC for the AVI releases, but if this program can fix the subtitle issue i have with VLC which so far has been the best program for running the different file types I've run into out there then I would be greatly impressed.
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it CAN muffle the sound!

I was the 8th to rank Supernova. (Aka: Bonney)
I was the 1st to rank Shichibukai. (Aka: Doflamingo or Mihawk)
I was the 3rd to rank Yonkou. (Aka: Kaidou or Big Mom)

Offline Kaereste

• Devourer of Engrish
  • Bounty: $373,000,000 -
  • Respect: +2
Does MPlayer run on windows too? Is it Free? I've never heard of it before. I've just been using VLC for the AVI releases, but if this program can fix the subtitle issue i have with VLC which so far has been the best program for running the different file types I've run into out there then I would be greatly impressed.

Technically, there is a Windows gui version...
http://mpui.sourceforge.net/
I cannot vouch for it personally, but you are welcome to try it and tell us whether it works or not. If it doesn't, you are no worse off than you were before.

Edit: See SockPain's post below for why this is likely to be a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:55:02 AM by Kaereste »
Ask me about my selective hearing.

Offline kaizokugami

• Yonkou
Technically, there is a Windows gui version...
http://mpui.sourceforge.net/
I cannot vouch for it personally, but you are welcome to try it and tell us whether it works or not. If it doesn't, you are no worse off than you were before.

Alright well I'll play around with it and see how it goes. Thanks.

Offline King Puck

• Administrator

Since there can't be issues with the avis I assume you tried to play the mkvs with VLC  :-_-

ON WINDOWS, DEINSTALL ALL OTHER CODECS, INSTALL CCCP AND USE THE INCLUDED MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC.

quote author=](Mpui) Plays hundreds of different video and audio formats, including MPEG-1, -2 and -4 (DivX), H.264, MP3, Ogg Vorbis and AAC. For most media files, no additional codecs are needed. (This is because MPlayer is not one of the uncounted DirectShow players – the codecs are directly integrated into MPlayer.exe.)[/quote]

In the case of softsubs that's a *bad* thing. VSFilter, the subtitle-filter fansub-groups produce their subs with is a windows directshow filter. People on other operating systems have no choice but to use software that only emulates VSFilter but when you are on windows it's simply foolish not to use it.

We regularly hear from users that dont use VSFilter that their softsubs arent displayed like they should because their subtitle renderer handles the vsfilter commands either not at all or differently. Many don't even know that the crap they're watching isnt how things are supposed to look like.

Offline kaizokugami

• Yonkou
What's the point? On windows
Since there can't be issues with the avis I assume you tried to play the mkvs with VLC  :-_-

ON WINDOWS, DEINSTALL ALL OTHER CODECS, INSTALL CCCP AND USE THE INCLUDED MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC.

In the case of softsubs that's a *bad* thing. VSFilter, the subtitle-filter fansub-groups produce their subs with is a windows directshow filter. People on other operating systems have no choice but to use software that only emulates VSFilter but when you are on windows it's simply foolish not to use it.

We regularly hear from users that dont use VSFilter that their softsubs arent displayed like they should because their subtitle renderer handles the vsfilter commands either not at all or differently. Many don't even know that the crap they're watching isnt how things are supposed to look like.

Yeah, i've tried MKV with VLC before, its been a long time but it is really frustrating, I much prefer the simplicity of AVIs. But so far the MPlayer for windows SEEMS to be working alright, I haven't experienced any problems with it yet in any case.