Author Topic: Anime spring 2015  (Read 4103 times)

Offline Garp

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $707,000,000 -
  • Respect: +25
Re: Anime spring 2015
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2015, 09:14:49 PM »
Sorry, typo. 2 actually, I'm not suicidal.

Also, thoroughly enjoying Kekkai Sensen. Episode 3 was pretty cool.

Offline tdm

• I am mad scientist. It’s so coooool! y’sonovabitch.
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $602,000,000 -
  • Respect: +41
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2015, 06:57:43 AM »
Funny enough, if you don't read the Fairy Fail manga, then get ready for the longest, most clusterfucked arc Fairy Fail has. Basically FT's Dressrosa.
OP has a time-skip. FT has a time-skip.
OP has a clusterfuck arc. FT has a clusterfuck arc.
So... when is Natsu going to become the wizard king?   :face-rolleyes

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline CL3

• 我は空...
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,090,000,000 -
  • Respect: +651
    • My Anime List
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2015, 04:29:48 PM »
Arslan generally looks pretty good but oh my dear fuck the CGI armies and horses look so derpy I'm going to puke. It's like Kingdom all over again.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,129,000,000 -
  • Respect: +468
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2015, 05:18:18 PM »
Anyone watching Ore Monogatari? The thing is like, saccharine on top of honey on top of sugar... you get the idea  :face-rofl. But admittedly it's freaking adorable.

Offline Fadeout4

• Resident Jojo Guru
  • Bounty: $1,355,000,000 -
  • Respect: +128
    • My Anime List
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2015, 09:50:24 AM »
Looks like the new Lupin III's been officially postponed until Fall 2015, though the first episode will be shown on Italy's RTI in May. There's a new trailer at least:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA3jsUnwUyw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA3jsUnwUyw</a>

It seems like they're really doing their best to preserve the oldschool art style while enhancing it with modern animation. Looks like it'll be awesome :face-cool
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:54:27 AM by Fadeout4 »

Click here for Jojo Subs!
Jojo General Thread
Jojo Part 3 Thread
My Jojo Part Ranking: 7 > 4 >>> 6 > 3 > 5* > 1 > 2

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2015, 10:05:16 AM »
Looks like the new Lupin III's been officially postponed until Fall 2015, though the first episode will be shown on Italy's RTI in May. There's a new trailer at least:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA3jsUnwUyw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA3jsUnwUyw</a>

It seems like they're really doing their best to preserve the oldschool art style while enhancing it with modern animation. Looks like it'll be awesome :face-cool

Whoa, so it's possibly on free television, not even cable/satellite. I wonder if someone will upload the Italian version somewhere...

Offline tdm

• Yibis Crewmate
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2015, 01:40:33 AM »
Nagato Yuki-chan is interesting, but rather plain and boring

I've been meaning to ask, by boring do you mean laid-back?

I'm just a little confused how you can find something both interesting and boring.

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $503,000,000 -
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2015, 02:41:45 AM »
I've been meaning to ask, by boring do you mean laid-back?

I'm just a little confused how you can find something both interesting and boring.
Yeah, laid back would probably be a better way to put it. I'm interested in it because Nagato is my favourite character from the original Haruhi series, yet so far it's just a plain and simple slice of life anime with nothing special about it aside from having popular characters from the Haruhi series in a parallel universe that was only touched on in the movie.
My Anime List
My Tumblr (Made for AMV's)

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.

Offline tdm

• Yibis Crewmate
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2015, 03:06:26 AM »
so far it's just a plain and simple slice of life anime with nothing special about it
I've only seen the first couple eps, but there's something about it that comes across to me as being more charming than most other school days anime.

Just better writing I suppose.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2015, 10:35:32 AM »
Four episodes into "Punchline" the following are confirmed elements of the plot:

- terrorists
- idols
- super sentai and magical girls
- kids escaped from a secret government lab
- an asteroid about to hit the Earth
- time travel
- ghosts
- the NSA
- an android
- a bear cub kept as a pet
- panty shot-induced superpowers
- cinnamon

There also was a guy posing as an alien but no signs of actual aliens yet. Not that I would be surprised at this point (in fact, the bear cub might be one from some hints. We know it's important). Show's completely nuts and is weaving together a remarkably convoluted story. It's pretty much as if FLCL and Steins;Gate had a lovechild.

Offline CL3

• 我は空...
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,090,000,000 -
  • Respect: +651
    • My Anime List
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »
With the season coming to a close it's time to start putting together some kind of review of the shows I tried,

To begin, the plan-to-watch list for me this season was

Sequels And Stuff (SAS)
-Digimon Adventure Tri (didn't air)
-Gintama
-Unlimited Blade Works
-Sidonia no Kishi S2 (forgot about it)

New Stuff I've Heard Of That I Will Try A Few Episodes Of (NSIHOTIWTAFEO)
-Arslan Senki
-Denpa Kyoshi
-Kyoukai no Rinne

Random Shit I First Saw On Anichart And Will Try An Episode Of And Possibly Drop A Large Fraction Of (RSIFSOAAWTAEOAPDALFO)
-Ame-iro Cocoa
-Gunslinger Stratos
-Kekkai Sensen
-Ninja Slayer From Animation (wut?)
-Owari no Seraph
-Re-Kan

I also since picked up Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions

From the previous season I'm also still watching three shows which are now coming to an end

-Jojo
-Kuroko no Basuke
-Ansatsu Kyoushitsu

I'll now start collecting some scores and comments, to potentially be updated as these things air their final episodes of the season

Masterpiece Tier (very high 9/10 or 10/10)
-None this time

Awesome Tier (8/10 and 9/10)
-Jojo : Really upped its game near the end. Last episode determines 8 or 9.
-Kekkai Sensen : Probably 8, with two eps to go. I was really unsure at first but I find myself liking this more every week.

Decent Tier (6/10 and 7/10)
-Ansatsu Kyoushitsu : Sometimes very meh, occasionally brilliant. Usually at least funny.
-Unlimited Blade Works : Even as a Fate fanboy (especially as a fanboy?) I am disappointed with this. At least it looks good.
-Kuroko no Basuke : Just keeps getting more ridiculous, which is good. Plenty of simple-minded entertainment to be had.

Meh Tier (4/10 to low 6/10)
-Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions : Was never particularly amazing but this season is more meh than the last ones, mostly.
-Owari no Seraph : Decent action, but that's it. When not doing battles it's really boring. First few school episodes were almost dropped.

Shit Tier (Low 4/10 and below)
-All ended up being dropped early on (I'm getting better at this?)

Dropped Tier
-Denpa Kyoushi (episode 4) : Too Otaku. Not funny. Story is all over the place. Annoying characters.
-Re-Kan (episode 2) : Mildly funny sometimes but mostly quite boring and exceptionally repetitive.
-Ame-iro Cocoa (episode 2) : 2-minute long episodes... At least one guy had Vegeta's voice
-Gunslinger Stratos (episode 1) : Batshit insane, generic light-novel-like plot, with no substance to be found
-Ninja Slayer From Animation (episode 1): Shit trying to be so shit that it's not shit but ended up just being shit

Ongoing past this season
-Gintama : Still hilarious, especially the Kuroko Parody arc. Should stay at 8-9/10 alongside previous seasons.
-Kyoukai no Rinne : Provisionally about 5-6/10 - not bad in any particular way but overall a meh. Funny at times.
-Arslan Senki : Looks like 8 material so far. Getting better and better, after a very meh start, though.

Offline Wrath

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $1,024,000,000 -
  • Respect: +28
    • My Anime List
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »
I will agree with Cris in pretty much every case. At least for the ones i also watched for this season.

Arslan Senki is steadiy getting better. I would rate it a 7 and even it stays this way i am happy.

Seraph is so boring and generic that becomes very annoying. Even with the last episode i found it hard to take an interest in what was happening. It will be a hard decision whether or not i will pick up the second season. Although i guess it cannot be worse that this.

Gintama is great and still makes me scream WTF even after so many episodes. I mean i know what to expect and still crush every line of logic magically.

Jojo's last two arcs gave the show a huge boost and i will end up rating with an 8 after all. I was kind of sad that it would stuck at a 7 but thank Enel for Vanilla Ice and DIO.

And Kekai Sensen is the cinderella of this season. I picked it up on a whim because it seemed interesting. Hell it ended up being one of the enjoyable shows i watched on a weekly basis.