Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure General  (Read 66730 times)

Offline fuyoalbi

• Civilian
  • Respect: +1
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure General
« Reply #945 on: April 04, 2015, 01:07:55 PM »
this could be the perfect song for Josephs oh my gods :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-t_Dl2oXPY

Offline Fadeout4

• Resident Jojo Guru
  • Bounty: $1,336,000,000 -
  • Respect: +126
    • My Anime List
« Reply #947 on: May 10, 2015, 06:47:41 PM »
"JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Part IV: Diamond Is Unbreakable" Anime Teased?

Eeeeh, that seems like a bit of a reach to me. "We went to Sendai" is hardly a teaser for Part 4.

That said though, I'd be shocked if the anime DIDN'T continue past Part 3. The BDs are still selling really well for a 4-cour series, and they wouldn't need to worry about running out of content to animate for a long, long time. Jojo is more popular now than it has been in a very long time. Why waste this opportunity? I'm counting on some kind of little teaser at the end of the last episode of Part 3 like there was a teaser for Part 2 at the end of the last episode of Part 1, and a teaser for Part 3 at the end of the last episode of Part 2. I'm sure this won't be the end!

Click here for Jojo Subs!
Jojo General Thread
Jojo Part 3 Thread
My Jojo Part Ranking: 7 > 4 >>> 6 > 3 > 5* > 1 > 2

Offline EamonX

• Man without honor
  • Bounty: $37,000,000 -
« Reply #948 on: May 10, 2015, 08:37:45 PM »
Did anyone of you notice the...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Fadeout4

• Resident Jojo Guru
    • My Anime List
« Reply #949 on: May 10, 2015, 11:39:06 PM »
Did anyone of you notice the...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Also, why do people type "DIO" in all caps? That's something I never understood. His name is Dio, lol.

Jojo General Thread
Jojo Part 3 Thread

Offline EamonX

• Man without honor
« Reply #950 on: May 11, 2015, 02:21:56 AM »
Also, why do people type "DIO" in all caps? That's something I never understood. His name is Dio, lol.
Well, the Dio Brando of Part 3 has been named DIO in the videogame(s) as well as in the credits of this anime. Probably a reference to the "DIO" nameplate on his coffin at the end of Part 2/beginning of Part 3.

Offline Kratos Ortega

• Wryyyabulous!
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,364,000,000 -
  • Respect: +141
    • MyAnimeList
« Reply #951 on: May 11, 2015, 03:10:53 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Its DIO. The name itself deserves to be in caps. It has charm, an evil eer to it and a villainous cunning mind to obliterate peasant like you.   :face-angry

I <3 Toni

Offline EamonX

• Man without honor
« Reply #952 on: May 11, 2015, 03:23:00 AM »
And as far as I can remember, his full name has never been mentioned so far in Part 3.

Offline Fadeout4

• Resident Jojo Guru
    • My Anime List
« Reply #953 on: May 11, 2015, 11:03:57 PM »
Well, the Dio Brando of Part 3 has been named DIO in the videogame(s) as well as in the credits of this anime. Probably a reference to the "DIO" nameplate on his coffin at the end of Part 2/beginning of Part 3. And as far as I can remember, his full name has never been mentioned so far in Part 3.

The coffin thing isn't valid because names are usually written on coffins and tombstones in all caps, but it doesn't mean their names actually were. Joseph Joestar's name was written in all caps on his tombstone in the last episode, does that mean his name should have been JOSEPH this entire time? And I can't say I've ever heard of a need to capitalize someone's first name in English if you don't know their last name. If I meet someone and they introduce themselves to me as "Paul", I'm not going to write their name as "PAUL" until I learn their last name. The name in the credits doesn't matter either, because that's not how we write the names of characters when speaking in English. Should we all be writing 承太郎 instead of Jotaro?

The video games one is at least a legitimate piece of media that has everyone else's names in English without all caps, but Dio is all caps. Personally though, I'd just pass that off as a localization error.

In actuality, as Toni has enlightened me, the origin of this is the fact that his name is written in all caps in the original Japanese manga. Japanese people tend to use all caps when writing English because it makes the letters uniform in size compared to the Japanese characters, instead of being a mix of small and capital letters. Therefore, his name being all caps doesn't really have any significance, and it honestly looks pretty ugly.

EDIT:
Its DIO. The name itself deserves to be in caps. It has charm, an evil eer to it and a villainous cunning mind to obliterate peasant like you.   :face-angry

YOU ARE SO RIGHT OMG I HAVE SEEN THE ERROR OF MY WAYS! I hope Lord Dio... I mean Lord DIO will forgive me if I beg! :D:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:15:07 AM by Fadeout4 »

Jojo General Thread
Jojo Part 3 Thread

Offline fire_fist

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $768,000,000 -
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #954 on: May 12, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »
YOU ARE SO RIGHT OMG I HAVE SEEN THE ERROR OF MY WAYS! I hope Lord Dio... I mean Lord DIO will forgive me if I beg! :D:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Fadeout4

• Resident Jojo Guru
    • My Anime List
« Reply #955 on: May 22, 2015, 05:17:55 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaJkFsbev_E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaJkFsbev_E</a>

Jojo General Thread
Jojo Part 3 Thread

Offline chrislongden3

• 我は空...
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,054,000,000 -
  • Respect: +647
    • My Anime List
« Reply #956 on: May 22, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »