Author Topic: Fairy Fail  (Read 246396 times)

Offline rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $241,000,000 -
  • Respect: +4
Re: Fairy Fail
« Reply #4020 on: July 27, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »
Good point...but it's still common practice in Shonen manga that something that's supposed to be rare is rather common among it's characters. It just depends on the author whether it's mentioned or makes sense.
My Anime List

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.

Offline Jin Kanzaki

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,979,000,000 -
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #4021 on: July 27, 2014, 08:54:09 pm »
Yeah, Fairy Fail LOVES spoiling itself for it's fans. It's just one of the things the anime does wrong. I was too busy thinking other things in the episode because I knew what was coming. That entire episode I couldn't stop laughing and thinking to myself "Think unsexy thoughts, think unsexy thoughts." :awsum
The same can be said for calling him Deliora than saying "Well, no, he was Silver all along." I think Mashima just wanted cheap, senseless plot twists.

Slayer Magic is a rare type of magic that one of the main characters uses, right? Well, that's an easy one for you. Because it always happens in shonen manga. In DBZ, to become a Super Saiyan is supposed to be a legendary skill in just one in a million Saiyans, right? In One Piece, Devil Fruits are supposed to also be rare, right? Well, outside the Grand Line, that is. Anyway, it's a common misconception placed in a few shonen manga. Part of the saying "It's a small world after all." The main characters will meet everyone in the world/galaxy with that said rare ability.

So do you know what Juvia's ability is? Because I don't recall her saying what her magic is. I've always been curious because Juvia's only one of two elemental magic users that has the ability to turn into her element. The other being that ancient magic wielder Asuma from the Tenrou Island arc. He could assimilate into and out of trees. Just makes me wonder if Juvia is secretly a Slayer user or is hiding some ancient magic up her sleeve if anything at all.
I sure hope not, the bitch could have helped a lot more in that case, in case of the dragon attack they almost had the end of the world on their hands.

Anyway, you misunderstood, I can live with a bajillion slayers that learnt the magic etc etc for the exact reason you've just described.
BUT just touching someone else and giving them a tattoo should not be enough to make them a master of said slayer magic...
Vice-President of 'The H.B.L.'
Captain of Science Division of Neo-Britannia

Offline rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $241,000,000 -
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #4022 on: July 28, 2014, 12:24:45 am »
Actually, I thought that's what you meant after posting. It makes sense there'd be a method to transfer one's magic. I mean, they can make Dragon Slayers with Lacrima crystals, right? It just feels like a cheap trick how easy it was for a dead man to transfer his powers to his son like that.
My Anime List

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.

Offline Jin Kanzaki

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,979,000,000 -
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #4023 on: July 28, 2014, 12:41:00 am »
Actually, I thought that's what you meant after posting. It makes sense there'd be a method to transfer one's magic. I mean, they can make Dragon Slayers with Lacrima crystals, right? It just feels like a cheap trick how easy it was for a dead man to transfer his powers to his son like that.

Yeah...you are right, I guess, I'll just have to accept it^^
Vice-President of 'The H.B.L.'
Captain of Science Division of Neo-Britannia

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $353,000,000 -
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #4024 on: July 28, 2014, 04:46:26 am »
Well, anyways, we don't know the story about the Devil Slaying magic, so don't be so quick to judge it. Though it probably is as simple, but all we know about it that Silvers is the first in the series to wield such a power. Where it came from, no one knows. We know about the Dragon slayers, Enel slayers are just a magic picked up from books or shit like that, and none of these slaying magics have tattoos on their wielders, except guild crests.  So there's actually a chance that silvers got that crest from an actual devil. Anyway it could be a curse mark or a power mark or whatever, but we know for sure that it has juice in it.
But you guys are probably right, no thought was put in that and it's just a random shortcut for powering up Gray.

Offline Zxcvbnm11592

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $992,000,000 -
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #4025 on: July 28, 2014, 12:46:17 pm »
... random shortcut for powering up Gray.

Seems about right.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zxcvbnm11592
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Zxcvbnm11592
Captain of Sneaky Evil Crazy Mastermind Tactics.
Join the Empire today!

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $353,000,000 -
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #4026 on: August 01, 2014, 11:38:35 am »
This chapter was plain awesome. I won't get in detail, gotta go to work.