Author Topic: Comics  (Read 11574 times)

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan!!!
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,004,000,000 -
  • Respect: +78
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
Re: Comics
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2016, 12:13:19 AM »
ok, now that kat is down, does anyone know a place to find western comics? I tried to find somewhere to directly go to the -empire scan group (since they do almost everything) but it lead me nowhere and pirate bay has nothing.
does anyone have any leads?

I search for "0-day week" at thepiratebay.org   :icon_pirate2_thumbs1

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline kaizokugami

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $3,752,000,000 -
  • Respect: +55
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2016, 03:38:54 AM »
Much of my reading time these last few months has been devoted largely to Western Comics.

I have now read:
ALL 98 chapters of Marvel's (first) Civil War
All 4 of Thor and the Warriors Four
And probably around 50 or so issues of various X-Men comics centering around Gambit (including many of his "solo career" issues and the very recent serialization of Deadpool V Gambit - in which I own all 3 currently released issues).

I also own ALL of the New 52 Green Arrow comics and am just waiting on the last 3 collected books to arrive before I dive into binge reading all those.

Likewise I own the first 11 MLP:FiM volumes, as well as the 6 currently released MLP: Friends Forever, AND the 2 MLP: Pony Tales volumes. I have only read a little bit of the first series, but I enjoy what I have read arguably more than the TV series. It's a bit darker and more serious, though not too much.

I own on hard copy several of the aforementioned Gambit comics as well (He is my favorite character from Western Comics) and am waiting for the "Trial of Gambit" to be released as a collected edition. But most of my Marvel reading is through their official "Marvel Unlimited" App on my phone. It is EXTREMELY convenient.

I don't remember if I said anything about it here on Yibis, but back in January I started a second job as  a Security Officer, and it has a TON of down time. By far the easiest job I have ever done. I work two 12 hour shifts a week and get to spend most of that time on my phone. so I have been using the Marvel Unlimited App more than I use my physical copies... Since, you know, it is a lot easier to carry my phone with me than a whole library of books!
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it CAN muffle the sound!

I was the 8th to rank Supernova. (Aka: Bonney)
I was the 1st to rank Shichibukai. (Aka: Doflamingo or Mihawk)
I was the 3rd to rank Yonkou. (Aka: Kaidou or Big Mom)

Offline kaizokugami

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $3,752,000,000 -
  • Respect: +55
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2016, 09:38:01 PM »
Is it sad I think I would prefer this lineup on the ballots this year?

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it CAN muffle the sound!

I was the 8th to rank Supernova. (Aka: Bonney)
I was the 1st to rank Shichibukai. (Aka: Doflamingo or Mihawk)
I was the 3rd to rank Yonkou. (Aka: Kaidou or Big Mom)

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,667,000,000 -
  • Respect: +543
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2016, 10:31:41 PM »
+1
Is it sad I think I would prefer this lineup on the ballots this year?

Dude, Luthor is one of the smartest men on Earth, a scientist with the potential to revolutionise mankind. So what if he diverts the defence budget to trying to kill Superman, at least if he were to succeed he'd still kill only one man instead of the many thousands every other US president routinely bombs. And he probably won't succeed anyway. So yeah, he'd totally have my vote.