Author Topic: Naruto MANGA thread  (Read 215066 times)

Online Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $4,710,000,000 -
  • Respect: +384
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
Re: Naruto MANGA thread
« Reply #3570 on: April 09, 2014, 11:37:15 am »
Not true. Asuma Sarutobi is dead. Jiraiya is dead. Neji Hyuuga is dead. Shikaku Naara is dead. The first 2 will live on in memories and flashbacks, but like the fight against Pain, the last 2 may come back one way or another knowing what Kishimoto's like.

I was mostly referring to this current war. Yeah, alright, Neiji and Shikaku died, but even admitting that they'll stay dead (and let's not forget Kakashi had died too at one point) that's but a tiny dent in the immense ranks of Naruto characters. Here the setup was perfect for Gai to die, yet he gets randomly saved by the power of deus-ex-machina. Such a huge fight should mean the death of DOZENS of major characters, especially considering that we're talking about the end of the series. Even Harry Potter had more deaths in the final battle.
Sarutobi did indeed die (and now he's back because resurrection), but I absolutely have no qualms with how the war with Sound village unfolded, back then Naruto was still good imo. Now it's a struggle between Kishimoto's ability to write himself in a corner and Kishimoto's ability to come up with an asspullish powerup to get out of that corner. Whenever he needs to pull a twist, you get "What? X is evolving!". That's how we got to have a Madara that's basically little short of a physical deity.

Offline Wrath

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $912,000,000 -
  • Respect: +24
    • My Anime List
« Reply #3571 on: April 09, 2014, 11:43:35 am »
Naruto is officially over for me.Guy was great and then that bean came out of an ass to revive him.Screw that!!It was the last ray of hope i had for this and Kishimoto had to defile it as well.Just finish it already and take it out of its misery.

Rant over (Hm that felt good)

Offline MrRandomJr

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $256,000,000 -
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3572 on: April 09, 2014, 11:46:04 am »
I was loving the chapter before that prick Naruto showed up.

Online rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $54,000,000 -
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3573 on: April 09, 2014, 12:06:24 pm »
I was mostly referring to this current war. Yeah, alright, Neiji and Shikaku died, but even admitting that they'll stay dead (and let's not forget Kakashi had died too at one point) that's but a tiny dent in the immense ranks of Naruto characters. Here the setup was perfect for Gai to die, yet he gets randomly saved by the power of deus-ex-machina. Such a huge fight should mean the death of DOZENS of major characters, especially considering that we're talking about the end of the series. Even Harry Potter had more deaths in the final battle.
Sarutobi did indeed die (and now he's back because resurrection), but I absolutely have no qualms with how the war with Sound village unfolded, back then Naruto was still good imo. Now it's a struggle between Kishimoto's ability to write himself in a corner and Kishimoto's ability to come up with an asspullish powerup to get out of that corner. Whenever he needs to pull a twist, you get "What? X is evolving!". That's how we got to have a Madara that's basically little short of a physical deity.
I'll give you that, but let's not forget that Kishimoto has been inspired a lot by Dragon Ball. Naruto himself, for example. His outfit is orange like Goku's and his hair is golden and spiky like a Super Saiyans. Kishimoto's not going to kill off any major character when his inspiration didn't have a single character stay dead for a prolonged period of time, even randoms in the background. Except for villains and Kami of course. Also, Dragon Ball powered up it's characters through training and modes of Super Saiyan. Kishimoto finds his own ways around these things. And finally, when I said Saurtobi, I meant Asuma (Leader of Team 10, father of Kurenai's child) not Hiruzen (3rd Hokage)

Online HookJimmy

• Revolutionary
  • Bounty: $810,000,000 -
  • Respect: +49
    • My Anime List
« Reply #3574 on: April 09, 2014, 12:14:06 pm »
I'll give you that, but let's not forget that Kishimoto has been inspired a lot by Dragon Ball. Naruto himself, for example. His outfit is orange like Goku's and his hair is golden and spiky like a Super Saiyans. Kishimoto's not going to kill off any major character when his inspiration didn't have a single character stay dead for a prolonged period of time, even randoms in the background. Except for villains and Kami of course. Also, Dragon Ball powered up it's characters through training and modes of Super Saiyan. Kishimoto finds his own ways around these things. And finally, when I said Saurtobi, I meant Asuma (Leader of Team 10, father of Kurenai's child) not Hiruzen (3rd Hokage)
I don't agree with this. I thought Kishimoto would do his own thing. Toriyama is not Enel. Oda is

Online Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3575 on: April 09, 2014, 12:24:22 pm »
+1

Being inspired is one thing. Doesn't mean you need to carbon copy everything though. "Death is cheap" is one of the things people, even fans, complain the most about Dragonball - though the threat there is always not that someone dies, but that EVERYONE dies and there's no one left to do the resurrecting (or the Dragonballs are destroyed), and this gets incorporated into the warriors' strategies, leading to cynical extremes (like Piccolo letting Bu kill all humans in a ruse to try and gain some time). In other words, the mechanism through which resurrection is granted becomes a well ingrained part of the world, with fixed rules. This is not the case in Naruto where resurrections happen at a moment's notice by means of some new incredible technique we'd never heard before.
I do agree that having no deaths might make sense for a show or a manga that want to feel light-hearted, but Naruto is in many ways LESS light-hearted than Dragonball was. It repeatedly tried to make a point of how harsh this "ninja way" is, how it needs to be changed, how "war is hell" and mankind should strive for peace. It used to convey this message well - its first arc, the Zabuza one, was beautiful and had a deeply moving ending, all focused about how everyone was a victim in this system where money pays for blood. It was also Naruto at its peak. It only went downhill from there, and now... seriously, it doesn't even make sense any more.

Online Zxcvbnm11592

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $917,000,000 -
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #3576 on: April 09, 2014, 12:42:38 pm »
Yeah, Kishi absolutely forgot that Gai can, in fact, use ninjutsu. Typical short flashback to try to get feels in, and that really didn't do much. Gai was epic this chapter, though, but of course, people only die when Naruto isn't there to randomly power up and save them.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zxcvbnm11592
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Zxcvbnm11592
Captain of Sneaky Evil Crazy Mastermind Tactics.
Join the Empire today!

Offline Luchia

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $490,000,000 -
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #3577 on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:42 pm »
Yeah, Kishi absolutely forgot that Gai can, in fact, use ninjutsu. Typical short flashback to try to get feels in, and that really didn't do much. Gai was epic this chapter, though, but of course, people only die when Naruto isn't there to randomly power up and save them.

They made Gai into second Lee...
Dreams, that bring people together.

Online rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
« Reply #3578 on: April 09, 2014, 02:26:10 pm »
I don't agree with this. I thought Kishimoto would do his own thing. Toriyama is not Enel. Oda is
That's part of my point. People are complaining about Gai coming back to life and I'm trying to say that Kishimoto draws inspiration from Dragon Ball, not copies what it did. True, the method Kishimoto used to "revive" Gai is a bit iffy. But instead of having something like Ninja Balls or a ninja that grant wishes, Kishimoto creates a super powerful jutsu to bring them back to life. Not to mention mythology. Some shows are alike simply because they follow the same mythology. Just because a Tailed Beast was a monkey named Son Goku doesn't mean it was taken from Dragon Ball, but the same mythology that inspired Dragon Ball. The Jinchuriki for Son Goku being named Roshi might be a DB reference, though. I don't know. And to take it further, One Piece has also been inspired by Dragon Ball, but is nothing like it.

They made Gai into second Lee...
Actually, it's the other way around. Lee was always meant to be Gai Mk. II. Lee just had his moments before Gai did.

Offline fire_fist

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $469,000,000 -
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #3579 on: Today at 11:13:38 am »

Online Zxcvbnm11592

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $917,000,000 -
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #3580 on: Today at 12:11:06 pm »
Power of FriendshipTM yet again. There's no way I can be sure in Naruto, but I think Naruto's done with randomly powering up for the rest of the series. I'm actually kinda rooting for Madara.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zxcvbnm11592
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Zxcvbnm11592
Captain of Sneaky Evil Crazy Mastermind Tactics.
Join the Empire today!

Offline JasonF

• Supernova
  • Bounty: $359,000,000 -
  • Respect: +4
    • MyAnimeList
« Reply #3581 on: Today at 12:11:46 pm »
ch. 673 we will...!!:
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/673

Pretty good chapter, good to see a new release being used by Naruto (even if he borrowed it from the bijuu). Plus his new look, look's pretty sick.

But it's now really predictable what will happen to Madara now that he's absorbed the tree...

1. Naruto + Sasuke weaken Madara
2. Kaguya takes over Madara
3. Kaguya is final villain.

Calling it now.

Online Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #3582 on: Today at 12:14:02 pm »
+2
Power of FriendshipTM yet again. There's no way I can be sure in Naruto, but I think Naruto's done with randomly powering up for the rest of the series. I'm actually kinda rooting for Madara.

"This is the story of a young man who was hated and feared by his peers because of his birth. This is a story of how he grew up in a world of war and destruction; of how he strived to achieve his dream; and how, despite the scorn he had to undergo, he finally managed to gather besides him a group of followers, of friends who would fight for his sake, so that he could finally achieve lasting peace on Earth.
This is the story... of Madara Uchiha."

Offline Luchia

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $490,000,000 -
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #3583 on: Today at 01:42:24 pm »
I am not the fan.. but yaoi fangirls must be crazy right about now. So many implications that Naruto and Sasuke are perfect for each other. They even got new tatoos together!
Dreams, that bring people together.

Online rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
« Reply #3584 on: Today at 02:40:34 pm »
I am not the fan.. but yaoi fangirls must be crazy right about now. So many implications that Naruto and Sasuke are perfect for each other. They even got new tatoos together!
Oh fuck! Your right! As if the yaoi fanbase didn't have enough fuel for their fire...is it bad I want to burn them all? And not the pleasant kind. :face-confused