Author Topic: Summer 2016 Anime  (Read 9452 times)

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,615,000,000 -
  • Respect: +531
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
Re: Summer 2016 Anime
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2016, 06:17:43 PM »
well you have a chibi jotaro and star platinum as a db so how could he not  :face-lol

to gan, ive only watched the first anime, should i watch the new one? why skip over danganronpa 2? if i wanted to play danganronpa, could i play 2 right away?

If you only watched the first anime I don't advice you plunge into this new one, you won't understand a thing. I haven't seen the first anime, but assuming it covers perfectly the first game you still don't know details of

(click to show/hide)

In addition, the Despair arc is basically a prequel to Danganronpa 2 and features its entire cast, so it will work better if you know who they are. On the other hand the Future arc is deeply rooted in the consequences of Danganronpa 2. So yeah... you REALLY have to play the game to understand both of them. You could read a summary of the plot of course but I wouldn't suggest it; frankly, at worst, if you find the game boring, just find a good Let's Play and watch the salient moments. The trials mostly, that's when most of the important stuff happens of course. But I have to say I enjoyed the game, while usually I don't like VNs, so I'd suggest you give it a shot.

Offline CL3

• 我は空...
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,384,000,000 -
  • Respect: +711
    • My Anime List
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2016, 10:36:11 AM »
Mid-season impressions, divided into a tier list. Excluding sequels/etc. Things could move around depending on the second half, but so far this season's rankings look like they will be something like:

Masterpiece Tier (9 - 10)
*Nothing yet*

Great Tier (8 - 9)
*Nothing yet* (though once I see more of Alderamin I might bring it up here)

Good Tier (7 - 8)
-Amaama to Inazuma
-Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
-Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin

Decent Tier (6 - 7)
-91 Days
-Cheer Danshi!!
-Fukigen na Mononokean

Ok Tier (5 - 6)
-Battery
-Mob Psycho 100

Meh Tier (4 - 5)
-Hatsukoi Monster

Shit Tier (3 and below)
-Fudanshi Koukou Seikatsu

Dropped Tier
-Berserk

Enel Tier (transcends the MAL scoring system)
-Bananya :awsum

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2016, 11:35:39 AM »
Seriously, Mob Psycho 100 falls in Ok Tier for you? It's friggin' amazing. Art, animation and music first, but the writing's nothing to sneer at either. Episode 5 was a small masterpiece. It shows that this isn't ONE's throwaway pastime like OPM was but his main work.

Offline Garp

• Revolutionary
  • Bounty: $809,000,000 -
  • Respect: +40
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2016, 02:20:28 PM »
Agreed, Mob 100 is one of the better anime this season for me.

Offline CL3

• 我は空...
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,384,000,000 -
  • Respect: +711
    • My Anime List
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2016, 10:00:02 PM »
+1
Personally the hype for MP100 is avoiding me completely. I don't think it's even bad, I just don't think it's anywhere near as good as a lot of people seem to think (and in many cases had already decided before it even aired because One Punch Man, which is still mentioned in nearly every comment I've read about it.) I'm not a fan of the art. The animation is good but spoiled by said art. I haven't even noticed the music other than the annoying-as-balls opening. The asspull meter charging up to 100 whenever its needed feels artificial and dumb. It feels like each section of the story is a childish rant against some part of society that pisses the author off ("Hey why aren't you smiling?!?!?" - people who are offended by those around them not smiling are turned into a freakish cult and 2/3 of an episode is spent explaining how stupid such people are) and Mob is his insert character who can just build up to 100% explosion meter and give those scumbags what they deserve. I can't help but feel if this had nothing to do with the OPM guy then like 4 people would have watched it and said it was good but not great. It's no easier to take seriously than OPM but has worse comedy to make up for it. Saiki Kusuo has a very similar premise (overpowered psychic kid) but the humour there is significantly better for me.

Offline Garp

• Revolutionary
  • Bounty: $809,000,000 -
  • Respect: +40
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2016, 10:18:52 PM »
I've never seen mob100 as a serious anime but simply a comedy where ONE sometimes mocks society. Only episode 5 was a serious episode for me as it involved Mobs character development. As for the explosion meter I don't see it as the part where he finally kicks some ass, he could do that anytime he wants, he's strong enough for it. The explosion is simply where he has an emotional breakdown.

How much you enjoy the humor is personal preference I suppose, for me it's fine as it is.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2016, 10:47:01 PM »
Personally the hype for MP100 is avoiding me completely. I don't think it's even bad, I just don't think it's anywhere near as good as a lot of people seem to think (and in many cases had already decided before it even aired because One Punch Man, which is still mentioned in nearly every comment I've read about it.) I'm not a fan of the art. The animation is good but spoiled by said art. I haven't even noticed the music other than the annoying-as-balls opening. The asspull meter charging up to 100 whenever its needed feels artificial and dumb. It feels like each section of the story is a childish rant against some part of society that pisses the author off ("Hey why aren't you smiling?!?!?" - people who are offended by those around them not smiling are turned into a freakish cult and 2/3 of an episode is spent explaining how stupid such people are) and Mob is his insert character who can just build up to 100% explosion meter and give those scumbags what they deserve. I can't help but feel if this had nothing to do with the OPM guy then like 4 people would have watched it and said it was good but not great. It's no easier to take seriously than OPM but has worse comedy to make up for it. Saiki Kusuo has a very similar premise (overpowered psychic kid) but the humour there is significantly better for me.

For me the art is actually original and interesting, the opening is amazing, and the anime isn't about what you say it is at all. Mob's meter isn't some "asspull solution" because this isn't even a battle anime proper, so it doesn't matter that much to me how Mob "wins" his fights (or generally escapes from the various situations he finds himself in). And the cult is just that, a cult, it isn't meant to mock its members, they're victims and Mob himself falls for it with his naiveté (and he actually is sorry he spoiled their fun afterwards). It's just that Mob's so out of it the entire thing falls flat on him. If you wanted to read a social satire message in it it would be against the "culture" of optimism so to say, the unfounded "always put on a smile and believe in yourself or something" kind of self-help crap.

Offline rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $824,000,000 -
  • Respect: +24
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2016, 10:25:32 AM »
I'm not watching MP100. I saw the 1st episode, but never got round to watching the 2nd. I feel like I don't have the time with the shitload of assignments I've got. Currently, I'm watching Re:Zero, Orange, KonoBi, Rinne, Soma S2, One Piece and Rewrite with Battery, Days and DB Super on the backburner whenever I get a chance. Might pick MP100 and Hatsukoi Monster (stuck at 2 episodes seen) back up and anything else that looks good/is praised. Like Bananya.
My Anime List
My Tumblr (Made for AMV's)

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.