Author Topic: Autumn 2016 Anime  (Read 173 times)

Offline CL3

• 我は空...
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,374,000,000 -
  • Respect: +707
    • My Anime List
Autumn 2016 Anime
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:43:49 PM »
I've started to make Autumn plans so here's the obligatory thread. It's been a while since I made one of these.

MAL Chart : http://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2016/fall

My picks:

Sequels And Stuff (SAS)
-Ajin 2
-Bungou Stray Dogs 2
-Haikyuu 3
-Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 2
-Natsume Yuujinchou 5

New Stuff I've Heard Of That I Will Try A Few Episodes Of (NSIHOTIWTAFEO)
-Drifters (I saw a trailer ages ago and it's the Hirano Kouta, lots of hype for this)
-Occultic;Nine (Anything with a semi-colon means it's at least worth a try, hopefully more S;G and less R;N)

Random Shit I First Saw On Anichart And Will Try An Episode Of And Possibly Drop A Large Fraction Of (RSIFSOAAWTAEOAPDALFO)
-All Out (Because this sounds somewhat unconventional for a sports anime)
-Fune wo Amu (Anime with mundane-sounding premise can be suprisingly good. Character designer same as Rakugo.)
-Luger Code 1951 (When I got to the "werewolves" part of the synopsis I lol'd so hard that I have to try it)
-Udon no Kuni (Looks like Amaama to Inazuma's cousin. Even has Nakamura Yuuichi again.)
-Yuri on Ice (Might be fabulous. Unconventional sports anime?)
-Classicaloid (Too ridiculous to not try)

It's the season of Sports and Mahou Shoujo it seems. I'm gonna try a couple of the former for good measure, else I'll have little else to try. Not a great season overall, barring sequels, it seems. Very happy to see more Natsume and very excited to see the second half of Gundam Orphans, considering how the first half just got better and better. Drifters is a big source of hype. On the less-notable side of things, I've got good vibes from Fune wo Amu and hope it works out well. The biggest lolwut of the season, Luger Code, will probably be shit but could surprise me.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:04:25 PM by CL3 »

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,589,000,000 -
  • Respect: +527
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
Re: Autumn 2016 Anime
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 03:53:18 PM »
Am disappointed that "Yuri on Ice" isn't about lesbians making out at the North Pole. Worst anime ever 0/10.

For the rest... Drifters, yeah, that sounds good. No sequels to anything I'm interested in. Fune wo Amu looks like a potential sleeper. I remember seeing a trailer for ClassicaLoid some time ago and deciding I HAVE TO watch that, it looks like concentrated madness plus classical music. Nanbaka is supposedly one of the heavy hitters, but what I've seen of the manga left me pretty cold as it's a silly comedy made of disjointed gags I can't imagine how would turn out as an anime. Plus it's not very funny, good visuals is all it's got to itself. One that I'm interested in is 3-gatsu no Lion, mostly because the setting reminds me a lot of the late arcs of Hikaru no Go (it's Shogi instead of Go but the world sounds similar). And I loved Hikaru no Go.

Oh and I'll keep an eye out for that whole "Battle Royale with Magical Girls" thing. After all last time we had a weird mashup like that ("Cute girls doing cute... sorry SURVIVING THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE") it was pretty good. Though of course it could just be trying too hard to be a Madoka rip-off.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:00:13 PM by Gan_HOPE326 »

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,583,000,000 -
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:00:53 PM »
Recently I became motivated to actually check out currently airing anime, but nothing in this season looks even remotely interesting aside from Drifters, and that might turn out to be a huge dissapointment too. I guess I'll just wait a while and listen around what people think when there's 5 or so episodes out allready.
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,589,000,000 -
  • Respect: +527
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 04:10:08 PM »
I'd like to add some more information on ClassicaLoid. Apparently:

- it is a Sunrise show
- it will feature mechas
- also it will feature famous classical musicians of the past who have come back to Earth
- it will have a soundtrack composed of modern arrangements of classical music pieces
- it has this PV:

In other words, if you're looking for the true winner of the LOLWUT JAPAN competition of the season, imho, look no further. This has all the ingredients to be an amazing trainwreck.

Offline Lord Starfish

• The Translatorinator!!
  • Bounty: $1,558,000,000 -
  • Respect: +262
    • My DeviantArt-page
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 04:11:46 PM »
Hmmm I seem to recall there was one thing I was gonna see... oh right. Hello second season of my favorite anime from last year, how lovely to see that they decided to make more of you! (Hibike! Euphonium, for the record.) Now as long as they keep up the same writing- and directing-quality as the last season, I'm basically guaranteed to like this. (Also the animation quality, but really, it's KyoAni. Something would be seriously wrong if it wasn't drop-dead gorgeous.)
This sure is a signature.

Offline CL3

• 我は空...
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,374,000,000 -
  • Respect: +707
    • My Anime List
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 05:02:01 PM »
I'd like to add some more information on ClassicaLoid. Apparently:

- it is a Sunrise show
- it will feature mechas
- also it will feature famous classical musicians of the past who have come back to Earth
- it will have a soundtrack composed of modern arrangements of classical music pieces
- it has this PV:

In other words, if you're looking for the true winner of the LOLWUT JAPAN competition of the season, imho, look no further. This has all the ingredients to be an amazing trainwreck.

Huh, this evaded my radar entirely since Cala saw the title and said "probably some vocaloid shit" and we didn't even read the synopsis. Checking it out now, it does indeed look like it will be hilarious. Very heavy on the lolwut. I'm adding it.

Sugita Tomokazu as Beethoven in this setting is going to be amazing for sure. That sold it for me, really. If it's half as ridiculous and hammy as his Leonardo da Vinci in Nobunaga the Fool (ADIABATIC EXPANSION!) then I'll be dying of laughter in all likelihood.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:07:16 PM by CL3 »

Offline rob1610

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $809,000,000 -
  • Respect: +23
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 06:20:22 PM »
Ha! And here I was thinking it was about time this topic was made. :face-rolleyes Ah well. I haven't been paying attention to the list. (Been busy with assignments.) Aside from Haikyuu!! S3, 12-Sai S2 and Okusama ga Seitokaichou S2, I'd have to take a look to see if there's anything else.
My Anime List
My Tumblr (Made for AMV's)

Credits go to Princess Isis for the picture.