Author Topic: what anime are you watching now  (Read 782627 times)

Offline FlashForward

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $113,000,000 -
  • Respect: +2
Re: what anime are you watching now
« Reply #12315 on: July 03, 2016, 06:27:43 AM »
Master Keaton, which is about a multi-talented insurance investigator travelling the world and solving crimes and etc, I could tell straight away from the character designs, was from Naoki Urasawa, which gave me confidence in it from the start. It's almost entirely episodic, with only a few small recurring elements. Sometimes, the main character doesn't appear until half-way into the episode and I find myself forgetting this anime is even about him, since the one-episode story was engrossing enough as a stand-alone work that I was enjoying it just from the introduction of this week's characters. High 7/10

I'd probably rank it higher than you did given my love of everything Urasawa. One of the things I enjoyed about it is that one can actually learn something from watching this show. It makes every episode feel much more worthwhile than your average anime episode.

BTW there is a continuation manga set 20 years later if you're interested. It's called Master Keaton Remaster. Not sure where they got with the scanlations, but I am guessing from your other posts that you read Japanese pretty well so you don't have to wait like the rest of us do.

Offline CL3

• 我は空...
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,349,000,000 -
  • Respect: +698
    • My Anime List
« Reply #12316 on: July 03, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
I'd probably rank it higher than you did given my love of everything Urasawa. One of the things I enjoyed about it is that one can actually learn something from watching this show. It makes every episode feel much more worthwhile than your average anime episode.

BTW there is a continuation manga set 20 years later if you're interested. It's called Master Keaton Remaster. Not sure where they got with the scanlations, but I am guessing from your other posts that you read Japanese pretty well so you don't have to wait like the rest of us do.

Interesting, I'd never heard of Remaster.

As for reading Japanese, not so much. I can understand spoken Japanese well enough to watch anime without subs (though I still like to have them so I can glance at them if I'm unsure on something) but reading is a lot harder, requiring memorisation of hundreds/thousands of kanji for fluency. I never got around to learning more than about 200 common ones. Unless of course the manga has furigana, in which case I can manage easily, as long as the raws are high quality enough that I can even make out the tiny furigana.

Agree about Seirei no Moribito, and it must be time to rewatch Ghost Hound - I can barely remember that show.

Two fine Production I.G anime IIRC.

I'm not sure I'd call Ghost Hound "fine" yet since nothing has really happened much in the first few episodes but I hope it is just a slow start, building up to something worthy of that description.

Offline tdm

• Sho-chan!!!
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $958,000,000 -
  • Respect: +68
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #12317 on: July 18, 2016, 02:40:52 AM »
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:42:54 AM by tdm »

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,555,000,000 -
  • Respect: +524
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious

Offline Wrath

• New World Captain
  • Bounty: $1,092,000,000 -
  • Respect: +29
    • My Anime List
« Reply #12319 on: July 18, 2016, 11:41:10 AM »
Oh please let this be real:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/33674/No_Game_No_Life_Movie?_type=16&_user=2192035

edit: Looks like it's been officially announced:

http://myanimelist.net/news/46960381

Awesome news . This will be spectacular .Hype!!!!

Offline fire_fist

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $923,000,000 -
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #12320 on: July 20, 2016, 11:07:28 AM »
super hype express is pulling in the station. ALL ABOARD!!!!
* fire_fist proceeds to board the train in the following manner
:duopen

Offline UltimateX

• Civilian
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #12321 on: July 21, 2016, 04:41:21 PM »
Just rewatched Steins;Gate for the 4. Time where I will save the Movie for tomorrow ;3
And now I'll continue on with re watching One Piece (To reach 92% Completion :3) :3