Poll

How are you today

Good
294 (77.2%)
Bad
87 (22.8%)

Total Members Voted: 372

Author Topic: How are you today  (Read 723124 times)

Offline Ing. User

• Typo
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $630,000,000 -
  • Respect: +41
Re: How are you today
« Reply #11985 on: November 10, 2016, 09:54:42 PM »
+1
I think I completely forgot to mention here that I am now officially a B.Sc. :face-lol
Cui bono?

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,011,000,000 -
  • Respect: +79
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #11986 on: November 10, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »
I think I completely forgot to mention here that I am now officially a B.Sc. :face-lol

Congratulations!  :edu

Now to prepare yourself for the question everyone is going to ask you: "What are you doing next?"    :face-lol

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline CL3

• Chancellor of Niflheim
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $7,430,000,000 -
  • Respect: +719
    • My Anime List
« Reply #11987 on: November 12, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »

No more funny stories of how everyone at your uni is a scumbag leading up to this?

On a related note I'm possibly not too far off becoming a PhD. I'm starting to apply for postdoc jobs, and if I get an offer I'll be writing up my thesis and graduating early (I've done a little over two years of PhD study at this point). If that doesn't happen then I just continue doing my PhD for another year while applying for jobs again this time next year. I have funding until ~March 2018 and would usually be expected to submit my thesis by ~October 2018, but because things went well I've already got more than enough material to write a thesis (since like half way through my second year, really).

Offline HUNRonin

• Shichibukai
  • Bounty: $1,640,000,000 -
  • Respect: +78
« Reply #11988 on: November 12, 2016, 12:54:59 PM »
No more funny stories of how everyone at your uni is a scumbag leading up to this?

On a related note I'm possibly not too far off becoming a PhD. I'm starting to apply for postdoc jobs, and if I get an offer I'll be writing up my thesis and graduating early (I've done a little over two years of PhD study at this point). If that doesn't happen then I just continue doing my PhD for another year while applying for jobs again this time next year. I have funding until ~March 2018 and would usually be expected to submit my thesis by ~October 2018, but because things went well I've already got more than enough material to write a thesis (since like half way through my second year, really).
Hehe, we'll have to call you Dr. Chris from then on.
Chief of Reality Bending Research
If it dosen't exist, we'll make it. If it cannot exist IT ALLREADY DOES

Offline Ing. User

• Typo
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $630,000,000 -
  • Respect: +41
« Reply #11989 on: November 12, 2016, 02:38:03 PM »
Congratulations!  :edu

Now to prepare yourself for the question everyone is going to ask you: "What are you doing next?"    :face-lol
Yep. Sadly there aren't very many Defence related jobs in the Netherlands, so actually finding a job might be tricky.

I'm probably going to design a few models in Solidworks to pass the time.

Nope, but I'll probably keep ranting on how the French can't design CAD software even if their life depended on it though.
Cui bono?