Author Topic: Update Complete  (Read 4771 times)

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
  • Bounty: $1,011,000,000 -
  • Respect: +79
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
Re: Update Complete
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2015, 07:54:22 AM »
So it appears you only have an issue with Lamel-inspired users. Please correct me if I've misinterpreted you, as I do not wish to twist your words.

If this is indeed true, then I ask why Lamel is taboo. Especially if, as in my case, the new Lamel is an entirely different person with their own unique personality.

I'd probably be as bored with multiple tdm-inspired users as I would with multiple lamel-inspired ones, but the original lamel became known for "cracking the whip" at Yibis and generally not contributing much else.

If you want your unique personality to associated with that, then enjoy. But I think if there's a joke in there somewhere, it's gonna get old real fast.

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Lamel3g

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 08:19:36 AM »
I'd probably be as bored with multiple tdm-inspired users as I would with multiple lamel-inspired ones, but the original lamel became known for "cracking the whip" at Yibis and generally not contributing much else.

If you want your unique personality to associated with that, then enjoy. But I think if there's a joke in there somewhere, it's gonna get old real fast.
Very well, I believe I understand your initial reaction now. I do not wish to prolong this discussion further. I'm sure that both of us and anyone who has read these posts have already grown weary of it. However I would like to make things a bit more clear, as it seems that my joking within the last few days may not have been fully understood. This is solely my fault, as I should have realized how limited my expression would be through text, and humor does not always translate well.

My name is indeed Lamel. I've watched One Piece for many years in English, thanks to Yibis. Picture my surprise when I came to learn that there is a user on this very forum with the name Lamel! As you imagine, this is not a very common name. I witnessed him make multiple posts within the Episode Agony Thread that seemed to annoy people. However, one day he seemed to disappear. It seems that I misunderstood, and that he actually had changed his name during the time I had not been keeping up with activity within the forum. Thus, I decided to create my own account, using his as inspiration. I wanted to find a way to keep Lamel from just being a name that brought irritation to people of the Yibis community. I joked about being an "upgraded version" of him, and I see that perhaps that was not the best course of action. I apologize for any confusion I have caused. If the mods would prefer that my username be changed to something else, then that would be fine. Or, if they believe that I have done something against the rules of this forum, I am willing to accept punishment. I just do not want the name Lamel to be hated.

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
    • If you think about it, everyone who wears glasses is essentially a Shinpachi cosplayer.
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2015, 09:06:23 AM »
To be fair, I am a tough crowd.   :face-lol

Thus, I decided to create my own account, using his as inspiration. I wanted to find a way to keep Lamel from just being a name that brought irritation to people of the Yibis community.

Using Lamel*g as a username template and the same avatar inspires me to do this:

And my avatar is friggin' Excalibur!   :face-rofl

"These glasses make up 95% of you, Shinpachi. In fact, these are more Shinpachi than you. The leftover 3% is spit, 2% is garbage."

Offline Samuel Lamel Jackson

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $196,000,000 -
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2015, 06:14:43 PM »
You didn't do anything wrong 3g, TDM needs to stop trying to backseat mod. If you broke any rules the real mods would've let you know by now.
L.W.O.
LAMEL WORLD ORDER

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 10:16:52 PM »
You didn't do anything wrong 3g, TDM needs to stop trying to backseat mod. If you broke any rules the real mods would've let you know by now.

I'm just having a conversation.

If anyone is trying to assert some kind of control here it's you Ducky.

Offline Lamel3g

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2015, 10:24:31 PM »
I can't help but see the humor in the fact that I gave a long-winded origin story to someone with an Excalibur avatar.

Thank you for your support, Darkwing. There have been some valid points brought up by tdm, and I don't think he has really overstepped his bounds by voicing his opinions. As you say, my fate is ultimately left up to the mods, and it doesn't seem any action has been taken thus far.

Offline Gan_HOPE326

• Yonkou
  • Bounty: $5,684,000,000 -
  • Respect: +545
    • Nerditis - Our passion is infectious
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2015, 10:45:20 PM »
This thread be like:

Me be like:

Offline tdm

• Evil Sho-chan
  • Yibis Crewmate
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2015, 10:56:18 PM »
If anything I'm the anti-mod because I don't let things go and try to ascertain people's choices in detail.

A mod would either simply be OK with what you're doing, or ignore you, or ban you with barely a word spoken.

Offline Xemnas

• 闇の住人
  • Bounty: $1,164,000,000 -
  • Respect: +56
    • My Anime List
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 03:35:39 AM »
* Xemnas casually walks into the thread

Offline Samuel Lamel Jackson

• One Piece Manga Reader
  • Bounty: $196,000,000 -
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 04:35:47 AM »
* Darkwing Ducks checks his profile to see if he got a warning.
L.W.O.
LAMEL WORLD ORDER